You Know the Truest Me
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347

Amalia is not the only one who feels seen. Evie lives her life in a web of constricting, gossamer, beautiful lies. They strangle and hang her from their unbroken threads, pulling on her limbs like a puppeteer, her parents at the helm of a ship destined for an icy fate. It is a burden that she can't set down with anyone else. A veil that shrouds her true self from everyone else, and one that feels eternally different to breathe through. But here she is just...Evie. Witty, playful, loving, Abandoned. They both have so many things to posture for, to appear strong for, but here there is no reason. Here, she can kiss her sister's brow and see her gleaming smile without her hands hesitating, as if feeling the stain of magic there in her skin.

Amalia dances out of her reach, and Evie grins, bright and unburdened as she follows her to the opposite side of the counter. Leans her elbows down on its surface and pops her hip to the side, chin cradled in one hand, making herself home in the space that had raised her as surely as it had the Shield. "One or two? You're gonna starve me!" she wines dramatically, her sweet tooth demanding much more by way of donation. But like a pleased, mischievous cat her blue eyes shine as she watches Amalia move about her space. Sure enough, a plate of scones are placed on the surface between them, and Evie immediately snatches one with the precision of years spent sneaking goodies off the counter as children.

It's already in her mouth by the time Amalia speaks, and she hastens to swallow down her gratuitous mouthful in order to speak. "My hands are at your command," she assures, bright and bushy-tailed, ready to dive into the nostalgic task of baking. The familiar motions would be the perfect time to talk, to expel their fears and worries as they worked dough or mixed ingredients. It had always been easier to do so. To look at the food coming to life in their hands instead of having to face each other or the world.

evie
Please don't ever become a stranger
whose laugh I could recognize anywhere

Messages In This Thread
You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-09-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-11-2019, 08:54 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-12-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-18-2019, 02:13 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-23-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 10-01-2019, 07:38 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 10-03-2019, 12:57 PM