You Know the Truest Me
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
She laughs good-humoredly as Evie scarfs down the scone, raising an eyebrow, her tone light and teasing. "Wordworths might have big heads and big houses, but nothing can beat a Chandrakant's baking." It's an old line, thrown between grandmothers at Fiat Lux, well intentioned and speaking less to pride than the camradarie that came with years of isolation and survival. For 300 years their families had persisted, survived and thrived within the barrier-

Except that now Amalia is the only Chandrakant left, and her smile falters a little at the memory of this fact.

Clearing her throat the baker turns around, hoping to hide her momentary weakness, to keep from clouding this lovely morning. Hands wrapped carefully she extracts the kettle, pouring boiling water into a pot and bringing it back for Evie to add in whatever tea she's brought. While the apothecarist works on tea Amalia sets about gathering more ingredients, everything they will need for cinnamon rolls, a childhood favorite of the pair.

"I have a boyfriend!" she announces suddenly, her cheeks turning a shade of red to match her friend's hair. This is a spot of good news among so many recent disasters, and suddenly the girl is painfully aware that more than anyone Amalia wants Evie to know, and to approve. "Deimos. The... the general. Since Fiat Lux." The older girl is the only one who knows about Amalia's disasterous first attempt at dating, that she had been abandoned after sleeping with the boy, that she had been at a loss for what had gone wrong.

Shyly, nervously, she looks up at Evie's bright blue eyes, searching for reassurance and approval within. Does he know him? Does she like him? She wants so desperately to speak to her sister, to tell her about her romance, her life, but the baker is, as ever, afraid.
reach for the stars: but child, first recognize
the constellations of light you already carry
inside you

Messages In This Thread
You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-09-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-11-2019, 08:54 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-12-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-18-2019, 02:13 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-23-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 10-01-2019, 07:38 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 10-03-2019, 12:57 PM