You Know the Truest Me
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347

As soon as Evie has swallowed down the lump of delicious scone in her mouth, she aims a smirk at Amalia. "Don't forget big mouths," she reminds, laughing before smothering the noise with another bite. Wordsworths definitely had large mouths, capable of consuming such delicious treats, but their gossip and pretentiousness was more subtle and insidious. Not that it made their cruel mouths any smaller, but Evie didn't want to remember such dark thoughts in that moment. It seemed Amalia didn't either, with the way her expression twitches and is immediately concealed. Evie doesn't point it out, not now. They can comfort each other through their individual sorrows later, but now is a time for reunion and celebration.

The apothecarist distracts herself with the pot that Amalia brings, setting the herbs in to steep before returning her attention to the younger woman. She moves through the area in such a practiced way, and Evie is sure they could both traverse this bakery blindfolded. No matter how old or tall they grow, this will always be home. To both of them.

Amalia's sudden blurt of words makes Evie jump, temporarily disoriented before they sink in. Then her entire face transforms into an ecstatic, glowing visage of joy. A squeal of girlish delight escapes her, and she hops in place against the counter, reaching across to grab at Amalia's hands. "Oh, Lia! That's amazing, I'm so happy for you!" There is no jealousy or bitterness here, only a deep and pervasive joy on her sister's behalf. Though her sly smile and crinkled eyes are swift to follow at the name and title she gives. "You certainly aim for the biggest and best, you little minx," Evie purrs, giving a saucy wink. She knows Amalia doesn't have the heart to be so manipulative, but it's fun to tease her as if she'd orchestrated the affair.

Thumbs rub soothingly over Amalia's floured skin, reluctant to part their grip. She wants to know...everything. She has missed so much. Evie should have been there when it happened, should have been the first person to hear about the change in their relationship. And she hadn't. But she's here now. "I've met him, he's a great man. Does he treat you well?" She assumes so, with what she knows of Deimos. But Evie is a protective older sister, and though she'd certainly be no competition physically against the general, she'd always go to bat for Amalia if she was in danger. No matter the consequences.

evie
Please don't ever become a stranger
whose laugh I could recognize anywhere

Messages In This Thread
You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-06-2019, 09:17 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-09-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-11-2019, 08:54 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-12-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 09-18-2019, 02:13 AM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 09-23-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Evie - 10-01-2019, 07:38 PM
RE: You Know the Truest Me - by Amalia - 10-03-2019, 12:57 PM