Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN]
Open Seasonal Planting
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
listen to me: I was a child who only wanted to heal things
now, i want to be
He turns towards her when she clears her throat, and she smiles genially at him as she folds her legs beneath her hips and sinks to the ground beside him. His own smile comes to meet her, a handsome but boyish thing, and something settles in her chest. As much as she would love to give the good old shovel talk, she can tell that he and Rexanna love each other. There would be time to get to know one another, and time for him to come to understand on his own time that Hotaru would rip him apart piece by piece until even immortality could not sustain him any longer in his slow death if he ever hurt Rexanna.

Actions speak louder than words after all, so she's content to let him figure that out himself. Or best case scenario, to not.

Bastien's voice fills the space after her own, and as she begins to dig her hands into the earth, fighting against the chill and the hardened soil, she laughs. "Presumptuous of you," she says with a gleaming smirk. "I'm sure there are many plants - and people - who would disagree with you." Herself among them, chiefly. Though Hotaru had loved her people and her crown, social crowds were far different from crowds of people moving about their own lives, or gathered to hear her speak. "I'm content with just yours for now." Truth, for he was a fine fellow and one she didn't mind accomplishing this task with.

Hotaru doesn't know much about the hatred for the Ascended, but she does know enough to grasp exactly what he's asking. Humming softly, she withdraws a rose and thinks on her response, gently guiding the roots into the hole she has made and beginning to cover it with soil and snow. "I've never cared much about the opinions of people I don't know," she says frankly. "I grew up in a place and time where many were hated, rejected, even outright killed for their physical differences." There had been a time when her parents were the starring roles of the lovestory of the ages, two races never meant to come together. Crossing all boundaries for the sake of love. "But even if you choose to become Ascended, it's not your body or your alignment to a deity that defines you. It's your character, what you put out into the world." Shrugging an elegant shoulder as she fully covers the roots, Hotaru gently lifts her hands to cup the bloody bloom and smile down at it beatifically.

Then she turns her head to Bastien and her smile turns wolflike. "Frankly if anyone wants to speak a threat against my loved ones, they can attempt to say it with a missing trachea." Bastien was simply lucky that Hotaru didn't care much for godly politics in this new land where they had not won her support yet. And that he was intrinsically protected through his bond with Rexanna.

Otherwise she wouldn't have batted an eye if his corpse was found in the riot against his kind.
an abomination
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-07-2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Hotaru - 09-11-2019, 06:10 AM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-11-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Hotaru - 09-13-2019, 06:13 AM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-16-2019, 07:39 PM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Hotaru - 09-19-2019, 12:42 AM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-23-2019, 01:27 PM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Hotaru - 09-24-2019, 09:55 AM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-24-2019, 12:48 PM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Hotaru - 09-25-2019, 01:42 AM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-27-2019, 05:12 PM