Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN]
Open Seasonal Planting
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
listen to me: I was a child who only wanted to heal things
now, i want to be
"At that point it's manipulation," she smirks, rubbing her cold fingers against each other to try and spark some warmth. "Though I'm not above such tactics. How much are you willing to spend on alcohol for the sake of bawdy company though?" Her dime was better spent elsewhere. If someone didn't want to be in her company, she'd sooner dismiss them from her mind entirely than try to waste her efforts convincing them. Bastien was clearly more devoted to his extroverted nature than Hotaru could ever care to be.

"A feature best extinguished than left to prosper," the Valkyrie states firmly, eyes still caught on the earth that swallows up the roots of the rose in her hand. "We may be intrinsically rotten at times, but such prejudice should be swiftly uprooted the moment the weed sprouts" Fitting comparison for how they both kneel beside their chosen flower, introducing it to the landscape. It is one thing she will never yield on. While she was not a gleaming representation of good character, she'd rather be judged by that than by her appearance. Not after so many years of seeing what it did to those she loved.

Sweet laughter rolls off her tongue at his inquiry, leveling a mischievous gaze his way. "Rexanna know better than to try to fool me with her pretty words, I've seen the company she has kept in the past." The Penumbra could try her best to convince Hotaru of the goodness of each man she was drawn into bed or into romance with, but Hotaru had stopped giving it worth. "She loves you, and so you are included in my fold. So long as you keep her happy, the light you're painted in doesn't matter to me, and your place is unquestioned." It is as much a veiled threat as it is a promise. Bastien would be the deciding factor in how he treated her sister.

Ah, and here comes the curiosity. With one final pat upon the soil, she abandons her rose after a measured glance, turning on her knees to face Bastien fully. "I was razing every realm in search of my lost children," she states simply. Hotaru had torn her way through every realm, heedless of the destruction she left in her wake, the bodies that piled as time went by and her children remained lost. "I fell through many portals before I was dropped into Caido. I did not find any of my surviving family until Rexanna came across me. I would have continued hunting forever until someone bested me and ended my life, or they were back in my arms." Though the grief will never fade, she does not let it show. She misses them, but this is a new chance at life. One she knows she'd want for her children even if she was not there, and one she hopes they'd wish for her in return. And so Hotaru keeps moving forward, grateful for the family she has found.
an abomination
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-07-2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Hotaru - 09-11-2019, 06:10 AM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-11-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Hotaru - 09-13-2019, 06:13 AM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-16-2019, 07:39 PM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Hotaru - 09-19-2019, 12:42 AM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-23-2019, 01:27 PM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Hotaru - 09-24-2019, 09:55 AM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-24-2019, 12:48 PM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Hotaru - 09-25-2019, 01:42 AM
RE: Prayer for a cure [SE - OPEN] - by Bastien - 09-27-2019, 05:12 PM