emerging into the light
For Renaud
Renaud Cartier

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Nate Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Renaud didn't have much of a thought about Loren's being single, although he had for some reason thought of Cera in the moment just after it came up.  What was Cera doing right at that moment?  Was he comfortable?  Had he spent the night healing the sick or giving food to the poor?  These thoughts were occurring to Renaud because he thought Cera was the most beautiful person he had ever seen, but as he was not comfortable admitting that to himself just yet he decided that he simply had a healthy professional and definitely platonic admiration for the man.

When the soldier came to from his musings, Loren was mentioning the other houseguests of the manor.  Renaud nodded at the short list of other occupants, assuming he was not likely to meet them and certainly not likely to ever know them very well while he stayed.  

When they reached his room, Renaud was pleasantly amused at his quarters.  They were essentially the exact size of a room he had come to expect on campaign in the old world - small for a senior officer, but a luxury for a junior one.  "This is excellent," he smiled to his host, "I shall be more than satisfied with the room."

He slipped off his coat, folded it, and laid it on his bed as Loren was explaining some basic rules about which rooms Renaud should try to avoid.  When his host finished, Renaud turned to face him with a warm smile.  "No, my friend, I have no questions for you.  If I ever do something around the home that you would rather I did not, please do not hesitate to correct me."  

He offered a hand to Loren.  "I am in your debt, my friend.  You have my endless gratitude."  If Loren took his hand, Renaud gave him a short and polite shake before releasing him once again. "If you do not mind my saying, you look ... tired.  You should get to bed.  I've all I need for the evening right here."  He gestured around at his new room, his little borrowed kingdom.  "Goodnight, my friend."

Messages In This Thread
emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 05:30 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-08-2019, 11:27 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 12:20 AM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 02:37 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-10-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-10-2019, 05:23 PM