emerging into the light
For Renaud
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Thankfully, Renaud seemed to be all set for now. Loren nodded as the other man agreed to respect the ill-defined house rules, such as they were. At least there was one person under this roof that would listen to the summoner, which was a pleasant change of pace. Taking Renaud’s hand, the Launceleyn gave it a firm shake as well, tucking the toy under his arm as he did so. ”If you keep this room clean so that I don’t have to, it’ll be thanks enough. And I don’t mind at all.” The corner of Loren’s mouth quirked up in what might have been a smile. ”I’d honestly be worried if I didn’t look a little tired.” It was funny to hear the other man keep referring to the summoner as ‘my friend’ given that they were strangers and Loren didn’t really do friends. Still, it was nice to think that he might’ve made a new one, strange as the circumstances of their meeting were.

Covering another yawn, the Launceleyn gave Renaud a real smile once the summoner’s mouth was closed. ”Morning, I think. Technically it’s good morning. But thanks. I’ll be in the kitchen if you need anything. Feel free to wake me up.” With that Loren shuffled off. He didn’t really want to explain how the beds were far too comfortable for someone who’d grown up without such comforts, so he slept on a cot in the kitchen instead. It was more efficient that way, anyway, since it was centrally located and let him make food for anyone who needed it and keep an eye on their supplies.

Or maybe he was just continuing to be hard on himself, as if he didn’t deserve nice things after disappearing as he had, as if he hadn’t earned the right to a bedroom yet, given how he’d failed his family time and time again. With that thought percolating in his mind, he fell into a restless and uncomfortable sleep.

------

Loren woke up groggy and grumpy. A quick glance out the window told him only a few hours had passed since he’d fallen asleep, but apparently his body had decided that was all he was going to get. Though he closed his eyes for a while, further rest proved elusive. Groaning, he rolled to his feet, and shuffled over to put the kettle on. While that was heating, he ducked into the nearest washroom to splash some water on his face and hair, and change into a fresh set of plain black clothes. Not bothering to put shoes on—the cold stone and wood of the ground didn’t bother him in the slightest—he came back to make himself a cup of tea. No one else was in the kitchen asking for breakfast, so he just grabbed some bread and cheese and nibbled on it, not particularly hungry yet even after his excursion last night.

After being slightly fed, not nearly rested enough, and clothed and washed sufficiently (though he was showing a tiny amount of stubble), he decided to go grab a book from the small library in the manor. Mug with an image of a pair of glasses on the side in hand, he walked through the hallways of the building in a slight daze, mind still not having fully woken up.

Pushing the doors of the library open, Loren was surprised to see Renaud inside. The room was dark, the windows having been shuttered, obviously, both to protect the books from damage and to presumably protect the Ascended as well. The summoner couldn’t remember if he’d closed them when the snows came, but it seemed likely. ”Oh. Morning. Or...well, afternoon maybe. Not sure what time it is.” Giving the other man a sleepy smile, the Launceleyn closed the door gently behind him. ”Find anything good in here? Actually, wait, were you looking for something in particular?” Seeing as he wasn’t fully conscious yet, Loren’s librarian instincts took over. Finding Renaud a book suddenly became the summoner’s top priority.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood

Messages In This Thread
emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 05:30 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-08-2019, 11:27 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 12:20 AM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 02:37 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-10-2019, 04:56 PM