emerging into the light
For Renaud
Renaud Cartier

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 3 - Int:
Played by: Nate Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

He had only been in the library for perhaps less than an hour when Loren found him.  Before that he had busied himself with a small array of activities to pass the time.  He laid in his bed for a while after Loren had left, staring up at the ceiling and contemplating the fascinating details of his new life.  When that got old, he had gotten up and visited the washroom, mostly out of boredom, and sat pretending that he still had bodily functions that needed attending to.

After all that contemplation an hour or so had passed, at which point Renaud had lazily wandered downstairs and into the kitchen.  He had found his host sleeping there, and had beat a hasty retreat.  The next few hours found him wandering quietly around the house, entertaining himself with its details and handiwork.  Finally he discovered the library, and had been there until right at the moment of Loren's entrance.

"It is the early afternoon."  He smiled at Loren, sympathetic to his host's probable exhaustion as Loren expressed a confusion about the time of day.

"No, nothing in particular.  Unless you have a map anywhere around?  I would be very interested in seeing the whole of Caido laid out."  He had felt since his arrival that getting a complete picture of the continent would enable him to get his head on straight about his new predicament.  Renaud had always been something of a student of geography and topography, having believed it to be crucial to the success of his military career.

"I will also accept something like a history of the continent, or at least the country we stand in now."  An eyebrow cocked as the sentence left his mouth.  "What country is that, by the way?  I do not believe I've been told."  He turned back to the shelves as he spoke, though his attention was still mainly on his host.  His eyes scanned the books methodically but half-heartedly, almost like he simply didn't want to stand still and stare at Loren, waiting for him to do something.

Messages In This Thread
emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 05:30 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-08-2019, 11:27 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 12:20 AM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 02:37 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-10-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-10-2019, 05:23 PM