emerging into the light
For Renaud
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
When Renaud confirmed what time it was Loren grinned. ”Huh. Guess I slept longer than I thought. Thanks” At the other man’s questions, though, the summoner sighed and took a sip of his still slightly too warm tea. Those weren’t easy to answer, so he padded over to a nearby chair and perched on the edge of it, leaning forward with the mug cupped in his hands. ”So just the basics, then?” The Launceleyn chuckled to himself, then realized that Renaud probably wouldn’t understand. ”Sorry. All that is...well all that is a bit complicated to explain, and I’m not really most qualified person to explain it.”

The summoner would start with the simpler answers first. ”The land you’re in now is called the Hollowed Grounds. As for its history, well, I’ve only been here a year, and spent most of that in seclusion, so I only know bits and pieces. But when I arrived, there was a barrier up, and as far as I know it had been up for generations. And the natives of this land had no idea why.” They’d found out, though Loren hadn’t been around for that, and the details of that story were probably left to someone else. ”It’s down, now, which showed us the world outside the Grounds. Except, well, we only have access to the Greatwood, the home of the Fae. That’s where the shrine was, and the Mathair. And the Fae don’t like our kind much, since they blame the people of the Hollowed Grounds for the blight. So don't seek them out without their express permission.” It was important that the other man know at least that much.

Taking another sip of tea, the summoner waited for Renaud to process all that before continuing. ”There are other lands, but they are blocked by...something.” The Launceleyn didn’t know what and hadn’t been out to see it himself. He’d just heard rumors of great storms. ”So that’s all the land there is, as far as we know. Not sure what the whole of Caido might be, though I’m curious too.” Giving the other man a gentle smile, the summoner wondered what he should tell Renaud next.

Perhaps a crash course on current events would be useful. ”As for history, I don’t know much beyond the past few seasons. But they were eventful, to say the least. My cousin Zariah declared herself queen over the objections of the Naturals and other residents of the Hollowed Grounds. Her reign was short, and brutal, and spawned a rebellion. Then she disappeared, to only the gods know where. The rebels formed a new kingdom, which is currently ruled by Queen Wessex. She’s an Ascended like you.” Ronin was still technically king, but the blighted man at the spire was incapable of ruling anything, even himself.

That was all the top-line stuff the summoner could think of. It was a lot, though. ”As for maps, you could always try the Atheneum. It’s a big domed building, with lots of scrolls and books, can’t miss it. I used to dream about cataloging all its contents, but...well. It didn’t happen.” Still it might contain maps that would interest the other man. Loren's life story probably wouldn't, which is why he'd cut himself off. ”There’s definitely more information than what I can tell you there.” It certainly contained more volumes than the Manor’s paltry shelves, which Renaud was currently fidgeting in front of.
A beggar's book
outworths
a noble's blood

Messages In This Thread
emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-08-2019, 05:30 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-08-2019, 11:27 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 12:20 AM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 02:37 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 03:01 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-09-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Loren - 09-09-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: emerging into the light - by Renaud - 09-10-2019, 04:56 PM