stretched-thin shadows
For Kiada
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
don't worry mother,
your daughter is a soldier
Silence. Though was she really expecting anything else?

Another mocking laugh is sent through the attuned bond, full of lacerating and punctuating venom behind it. Back to the brooding king, huh? She huffs back. He may have been protecting her, but there was a difference in the creatures mind between protecting and containing. And she was done being contained, done with the endless you have nothing to contribute. Because she does, she has everything to contribute to a cause worth fighting in.

The cause right now is to fight back against her oppressor, even if it’s entirely wrong. The blight within her doesn’t care.

Still, she manages to miss him, swooping and diving through the tree tops as she finds enjoyment in the chase – his blood still on her sharp talons, and if she could grin with her blackened beak, she would have. Nothing to say? I fought hard for you and the Basin, to grow our numbers when I was ten years old. And you rewarded me for it, and for what? For me to leave, you to die, and Kaos to come and destroy what was left of the world after it all? Her words grow sharper, deeper, harsher the more she thinks about it.

It doesn’t matter anymore, does it? I’ll always be that young child to you. I’ll never be enough to not need protection. I can protect myself you know, I have the fucking scars to prove it. Where it was once playful and sharp, now it cuts her just as deep, and the flame and fury within her brims to the surface threatening to spill over – a volcano waiting to erupt. And she begins to get sloppy. I want to do something. Something to stop thinking about Ru’in and gods and monsters. She grits her beak as she sends the thoughts down like wind through an open doorway. Hollow and cold. I want to be the monster now. She admits with nothing short of frigid delight.

Her flight slows just enough for her thoughts to spiral, and for her to lose visual on the Sword – until it’s too late, until the thorns have left his talons like tiny missiles, four of them hitting her in the spine and burrowing beneath the plumes she bears. And all that flame and fury is replaced by a small amount of relief, enough relief to realize what she’s done, and she freezes. She begins to dive toward the snow covered ground below, falling and falling and unable to stop until she hits the ground hard with a thud into the icy earth below. He should be able to feel the shift in the bond, where venom and darkness had spiraled down the pathway, now nothing but sorrow and fear lay between them.
KIADA
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3

Messages In This Thread
stretched-thin shadows - by Deimos - 09-12-2019, 12:07 AM
RE: stretched-thin shadows - by Kiada - 09-13-2019, 05:27 PM
RE: stretched-thin shadows - by Deimos - 09-13-2019, 10:28 PM
RE: stretched-thin shadows - by Kiada - 09-13-2019, 11:17 PM
RE: stretched-thin shadows - by Deimos - 09-13-2019, 11:53 PM
RE: stretched-thin shadows - by Kiada - 09-14-2019, 06:57 AM
RE: stretched-thin shadows - by Deimos - 09-14-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: stretched-thin shadows - by Kiada - 09-14-2019, 05:33 PM
RE: stretched-thin shadows - by Deimos - 09-14-2019, 11:20 PM