I'm with you even if it makes me blue
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren was once again reminded that very few people in Caido possessed his particular background. His family practiced the old ways of magic, whereas Remi hadn’t been a mage at all until quite recently. So as powerful as the alchemist was, there were a few basic techniques he’d never learned. ”It’s a method for calming and centering yourself, for ordering your thoughts. You sort of...regulate your breathing and your body, and in doing so it keeps your mind and emotions in check." At least in theory, if not in practice. "I can teach you, if you’d like?” The summoner’s voice grew tentative and uncertain towards the end; he wasn’t sure, even now, if the other man would accept any gifts from the Launceleyn, especially given how poor an explanation he’d just given.

Although he’d heard about the ways in which the Attuned could communicate without words, Loren had obviously never experienced it for himself. ”I’m sorry to hear that. But, well, it’s not exactly what I meant.” The Launceleyn eyed the other man, giving Remi a considering look. ”Haven’t you ever just...cut loose?" Sometimes letting the tension go was the only way to deal with it. It wasn’t pretty—and it was scary sometimes, to let all the negative emotions out—but occasionally it was necessary.

As the other man tried to explain the summoner bit his lip. He didn’t understand in the slightest, even after Remi blocked out the light. Loren just had to squint to see in the sudden darkness. ”So...there is something different about your vision, then.” He couldn’t keep the disappointment from his voice, and surely the alchemist could feel it when the summoner slumped forward, a defeated posture stealing over him.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.

Messages In This Thread
I'm with you even if it makes me blue - by Loren - 09-16-2019, 03:45 PM
RE: I'm with you even if it makes me blue - by Loren - 09-19-2019, 06:49 PM