I'm with you even if it makes me blue
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren shrugged at Remi’s question. ”I don’t know. It just does.” The Launceleyns weren’t exactly in the habit of questioning something that worked. Returning the alchemist’s boyish smile with a much less effusive one, the summoner wondered whether meditation would actually help. Still, it was worth a shot. ”Alright. Just let me know when.”

Even though the other man did his best to keep an amused and mischievous tone in his voice and expression in his eyes, the Launceleyn couldn’t help the sad look that stole over his own features. ”Right. You’re right. I’m sorry.” It was yet another sign of the privilege the summoner had once—and probably still did—possess, the ability to get away with things that others could not. And the list of tragedies the alchemist had recounted was depressing no matter how cheerfully it was said.

While Loren hadn’t ever imagined he might actually cure Remi’s blindness, if the Launceleyn had dared to hope or dream about it, he wouldn’t have pictured this: both of them weakened and tired and the summoner, at least, depressed. What should have been a happy day was quickly turning sour. Then again, that was about par for the course for him.

Yeah, no, he still didn’t get it. So much for optics. ”So you can see in the dark? Is that...something about you being Attuned?” If that was the case, then maybe Loren wasn’t to blame after all. However, he hadn’t heard of anyone but the Ascended with an ability like that, so it was surprising to hear the other man admit he could do it too.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.

Messages In This Thread
I'm with you even if it makes me blue - by Loren - 09-16-2019, 03:45 PM
RE: I'm with you even if it makes me blue - by Loren - 09-19-2019, 07:19 PM