eclipse
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Amalia didn’t really respond to Amun’s playful musings about changing the names of the people around these parts, so he dropped it. Seeing as he was not at all invested in the conversation, and mostly trying to get the so far quite reserved baker to crack a smile, he didn’t really want to do anything to upset her. Embarrassing her, on the other hand, was fair game; as she flushed, the Ascended grinned at her. ”Oh? Is that so? Good for you, kitty! Now tell me more about the warmth and comfort you provided those poor, half-naked, desperate men.” His voice held a teasing tone, but absolutely no malice. Given that he wasn’t flirting with her seriously—she was pretty enough, but not his type for obvious reasons—his voice didn’t have any heat at all.

As she commented that this was the Settlement, the potter gave it an approving look. ”Nice. You have buildings and everything. Where I came from, we just had huts, that we had to build ourselves.” And the Ascended wasn’t a builder, that was for damn sure, just an artist. Hopefully her bakery was close, though. While he didn't feel tired or cold, he was feeling quite exposed. Normally that would be a good thing (in his mind, at least), but he was in a strange land and feeling unsure of himself.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
He asks about the comfort she provides and Amalia raises a brow, wondering how brazen she can possibly be before combusting from the strangeness of it all. "Nothing you'd appreciate, I think," she answer cryptically with a shake of her head- less commentary on his orientation than his Ascended state. "But I'm sure we'll figure something out."

Has... Has she ever heard anyone praise the Settlement before? "Really?" she asks with childish pride and bashfulness, turning a brief and brilliant smile on Amun before curiosity overtakes her again. "What is the place you're from like? Didn't you get cold in Winter?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
amun
Amun decided that he’d teased poor Amalia long enough. Besides, while she was cute, he really didn’t want to get her to get the wrong idea. ”Well, I appreciate the offer, and don’t take this the wrong way, kitty, but you’re not my type. Too many boobs, not enough dick.” He winked at her for good measure. That was probably going to send the sweet baker over the edge, but hopefully in the end it would reassure her.

However, if he’d known that complimenting her home was the way to her heart, he would’ve started way earlier. ”Really!” His smile faltered a bit, but he managed not to lose it entirely. ”Well, it was a new settlement, and people had to build their own homes. We didn’t have any stone, so most people lived in makeshift huts. But no, we were by a jungle, and it didn’t get cold in winter.” Not that the potter would ever feel cold again; his voice had grown a little wistful throughout his tail, and his easy manner flickered in and out like a candle burning low.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Amalia
Too many boobs, not enough- oh! Amalia does indeed turn a bright shade of red, laughing suddenly, her voice bright with bemused surprise. "I wasn't- I didn't- gods, that's not what I meant!" Head in her hands, the baker continues to giggle helplessly, desperately uncomfortable and not sure what else to do.

She is grateful for the conversation shift, opening back up as Amun talks about his home. A new settlement of huts- is that what it will be like for them, if they ever leave the Hollowed Grounds? And a jungle that never gets cold- "What's a jungle like?" Amalia asks, her curiosity expansive. "Is it terribly hot? What does happen in winter, if it isn't cold? Have you seen snow before?"
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
amun
Amun couldn’t help but chuckle at Amalia’s embarrassed reaction. ”Well that’s a relief. I’ve been waiting for you to pounce on helpless little me this whole time, kitty. Just think of how much more awkward this conversation would’ve been after you jumped my bones.” Giving her a cheeky grin, the Ascended waggled his eyebrows as well; perhaps he was laying it on a bit thick, but the baker’s laughter was infectious.

Her question, though, gave him pause. Although it hurt a little bit to talk about the home he’d just lost, he also didn’t want to forget it. And if he could bring a little joy to her as well, so much the better. ”It’s hot, and wet from constant rains, and full of life. There are plants and animals everywhere, of all kinds, and even more insects. But most of all, I remember the sounds, and the colors. A riot of everything alive under the sun and the moon.” At her last set of questions he smiled a bit wistfully. ”It doesn’t get cold. But I’ve seen snow.” During his traveling days, he’d seen every kind of habitat and city and environment and town.

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Hot and wet and full of life. Title of your sex tape, another character might have said. As it is Amalia misses the opportunity for innuendo, instead listening with enraptured attention as Amun launches into a description of a world she cannot really imagine. More than anything it sounds like the Greatwood, but even that is rather different. Colors? Sounds? A riot of everything alive? "It sounds incredible," she exhales reverently, a wistful smile on her face.

He has seen snow, which is good- he will be at least a little prepared. "The winters are harsh here. You'll want somewhere to stay- ah, here we are." Amalia stops at the door to the shop, taking a moment to brush off the snow before opening it up. The small space is softly illuminated with a handful of candles and literal starlight, Jyoti having felt them approaching and arrived to greet the pair. Cheerfully the whale headbutts the baker, crooning and singing before looking over her shoulder to fix Amun with a curious gaze.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Under any other circumstances, the reverence in Amalia’s voice would’ve made Amun grin. He would’ve launched into a series of outrageous tales, about the jungle and all the other exotic lands that made this world pale in comparison. However, even for the easygoing potter, the reminder of what he’d been ripped away from became too much. ”It was.” A simple acknowledgement, one she would hopefully understand.

Still, he bounced back quickly. ”Are you offering, kitty?” He flashed her a grin. ”Winters might be harsh, but I don’t feel the cold, so as long as I stay in the shade, I should be okay.” Amalia was nice—or at least seemed nice enough—but the Ascended didn’t like to be tied down to anyone or anything. His decision to settle down in his old world had been more out of necessity than anything else. However, he was distracted from his thoughts by the sight of a glowing miniature whale somehow swimming in air rather than water.

The potter shot Amalia a surprised, but pleased look as the whale gave her an affectionate headbutt. ”Jungles might be impressive, but we didn’t have miniature glowing sky-whales.” He gave the baker a smile, then walked up to the pair of them. ”Hello little one. Aren’t you cute?” The sailors he’d grown up with each had their own bond with one form of marine life or another; while he hadn’t been able to do the same, since he was not quite human, he had spent enough time with ocean life to recognize and appreciate it. So as the whale gave him a curious look, he gave it a jaunty little wave.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
"Ah- that is-" The question of whether she's offering him lodging catches her off guard, especially since for the first time she does have spare space to keep someone. But letting a strange Ascended stay in the bakery seems like a poor idea, and Amalia feels a jealous protectiveness over the small bedroom, a strange loathing to give it up. "I meant more when Longnight comes. Though I suppose you'll need somewhere for now."

Jyoti is, as always, a welcome distraction, and the starwhale does not hesitate to approach the friendly stranger, fearless as ever as she tries to coax skritches from Amun. Amalia, meanwhile, has taken off her coat, though the comment about glowing whales makes her pause. "Do you have another kind of whale?" she wonders, ever curious, stepping behind the counter to start a pot of tea.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Apparently Amalia hadn’t been offering a place to stay. Good thing it was very hard to actually offend Amun. However, she brought up something new, something she seemed to feel was important. ”LongNight? I mean I don’t mind getting long in the night, but it seems like you have something else in mind.” He winked at her, though he was genuinely curious to hear about this LongNight. ”Don’t worry about me, kitty. I’m good at making myself welcome wherever I end up.” Part of being a traveler and a vagabond was adapting to changing circumstances. Coming to a new world was a new one for him—if he didn’t count his rebirth in his old world, that was—but the principle was the same.

Amun was more than happy to oblige the flying light whale and provide rubs and scritches; practiced and dexterous fingers found all the spots he knew its larger cousins liked. ”Kitty, I hate to break it to you, but you’re the one with another kind of whale. The whales I knew all swam in the ocean, and they were enormous, bigger than your bakery.” Indeed, the creatures were truly massive, and this smaller version was so completely different he wasn’t even sure it could be considered a whale. Still, if it looked like a whale and sang like a whale, he supposed it was indeed just different from the kinds he was used to.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
"I don't really have a lot of space," she says by way of apology and excuse, still feeling guilt curl at her stomach as he entreats her not to worry. Oh, but she will worry about him, the same way she worries over everyone and everything. And as bad an idea as she know it may be, the baker cannot help but extend the offer, guilt winning over in the end. "But... If you don't mind staying in the shop, you can use my extra room for now."

Her face perks up as he talks about whales, and Jyoti being the different one. The starwhale, too, is obviously curious, trilling her excitement at story time. "Whales in the ocean?" the Shield wonders, dark eyes bright as she leans upon the counter. "Do they also travel through time? Jyo.. she fell out of the sky, and so she'll always be small. The other starwhales are much, much larger, I think- I've only seen them once before."
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Although it was sweet of Amalia to offer Amun a place to say, it was also completely unnecessary. ”Don’t worry, kitty. I’ll get out of your hair.” He gave her a cocky grin. ”Or is that fur? Anyway, I’ll be fine on my own.” While he’d spent most of his life on a crew, he was equally comfortable forging his own way ahead. And, no offense to her, the quiet and shy baker didn’t seem like the type to introduce the potter to the types of people who’d like to have a good time. Which was ironic, because she was actually exactly the person to do that, what with the drugs and joining a criminal gang.

As he gave Jyo—which was apparently the glowing sky whale’s name, though apparently they were called starwhales, which was appropriate enough—some more affectionate rubs, the Ascended glanced at Amalia, not sure exactly what she meant by her comments. ”No, they don’t do anything but swim, and eat, and surface to breathe.” He gave her a brilliant smile. ”Well, that and sing to one another.” Technically it was calling to other whales, but it sounded like music to Amun’s ears. ”Can Jyo travel through time?” If so, that would be a useful trick.

Maybe he could warn himself not to step out of his hut earlier that evening. Though that would be far too easy a solution, even he knew that. Besides, he didn’t know the way home, so he wouldn’t know where to send the little starwhale.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
Will he be fine on his own? Amalia cannot help be skeptical, but it seems likely enough he will find somewhere to stay, and she has done her part by making the offer. "At least stay here while the sun is out today," she suggests. "So you don't burn up."

Swim and eat and surface to breathe. It sounds like an idyllic life, and she can feel Jyoti's fascination with these aquatic cousins. "She sings, too," the baker agrees, leading to the starwhale to croon a low and melodious note from deep within her tiny lungs. The follow up question makes he shake her head, though she wonders if it's possible. "So far no time travel for Jyoti. Maybe if she'd been older when she fell... but I don't know a lot about her species, honestly. Only that they are considered sacred by the Fae, and can create stars."

Always happy to show off, Jyoti lets loose a beacon of starlight, casting a cool and calming glow within the small bakery as Amalia watches on with an indulgent smile.
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun grinned at Amalia’s repeated offer. ”But I like it hot, kitty. Still, I guess if you can’t get enough of me, I can stick around for a bit.” Obviously comments like that prompted another wink from the Ascended, though he was still so fascinated by Jyoti that he was hardly putting much effort into the whole ‘too sexy for his nonexistent shirt’ shtick.

That fascination only grew as the baker kept talking. And that was before the starwhale emitted a soothing light, banishing the last of the worries that the Ascended might have had. If there were wonders like this in Caido, he could get used to it. ”That sounds like a remarkable tale for a remarkable creature. Care to tell it?” It seemed only fair the Amalia pay him back for the words about his own world. However, he wanted to ask about one thing before he forgot. ”Also, what are the Fae?” Amalia said it like he should know what it meant, so he should know what it meant. Still, if they worshipped Jyoti and her kind, he figured he’d get along with these Fae.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia
"Your new blood won't like it very much, I'm afraid." Amalia glances sidelong at the still shirtless man, flushing a little at his flirting but not particularly perturbed by the near nudity, at least. "Ascendeds... they catch fire in the sunlight. So be careful." It isn't something she wishes on him, especially when he has been fairly friendly and kind.

Jyoti is always a great distraction, and Amalia watches fondly as the whale basks in the attention, positively hamming it up. "The Fae are... they live in the Greatwood. They're winged, and dislike outsiders. Especially Ascendeds. When we first went into the woods - they used to be blocked, ah, by a barrier - some of us were captured, and thrown into a pit." It's a long and complicated story, Amalia is now realizing, and she pauses a moment to let him ask any questions he might have.