line without a hook
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Love mends even the broken parts
Loren could certainly get not wanting to be overwhelmed by people after just arriving in a new world. In fact, he usually felt overwhelmed at parties even when he knew everyone, so Hotaru’s words made complete and total sense to him. ”Well, I’m sorry you missed it, though I understand why. It was a beautiful ceremony. I imagine you’ve already heard all about it.” That was especially true if she was living with Bastien and Rexanna. For a moment, he tried to picture that household: it must be vibrant, and full of color and life, which was ironic given they were both Ascended.

The thought inevitably prompted a comparison between that and his own home, and it was a sad one. Despite all the people living in the Manor, it felt empty and cold. And that meant, when Hotaru offered her condolences, he shrugged, trying not to let grief overtake him again. He’d already succumbed to it far too many times and he was done with crying for at least a little while. ”It’s in the past. Moving forward, remember?” But every time he tried to do that, he got rejected or smacked down. Maybe it was because he was the root of all his problems, rather than some external force. Perhaps it was finally time for a change.

Thankfully, the conversation shifted to the gods. While that was painful in a different way—though less so to Loren, now that he’d actually met one—he felt that she should have what little knowledge he possessed. ”Well. It’s a bit more complicated than that. An Abandoned managed to ascend to godhood long ago. The old gods didn’t like that, so they sealed her away, and cursed our kind.” At least, that was his interpretation of the situation, based off all the evidence he had. Whether or not there’d been an actual war, he couldn’t say.

But then it came back, as it inevitably seemed to do, to his family. ”I’m used to it.” He’d experienced his fill of shitty fates and shadows. ”Fair warning, my cousin Zariah tried to take over around here, and proved to be a tyrant. She disappeared, but everyone seems convinced she’s just biding her time. Which is why I'd give my family a wide berth if I was you.” Half the time, Loren thought they were right; the other half of the time, he thought they just wanted a convenient bogeywoman to avoid dealing with their own personal problems. ”I’m not looking for comfort, and I’m not much of a drinker, but thanks. And I prefer to do my cursing in private, on the off chance someone else might get hurt if a god ever does smite me." It was unlikely, but stranger things had happened to him. "If you need anything from me, I’ll probably be at the Launceleyn Manor. Rexanna knows where to find me.” It seemed that Hotaru was preparing to go, but the summoner still had to finish patrolling. Otherwise, he would’ve offered to walk her back.
loren

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
line without a hook - by Hotaru - 09-21-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: line without a hook - by Loren - 09-21-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: line without a hook - by Hotaru - 09-21-2019, 02:51 AM
RE: line without a hook - by Loren - 09-21-2019, 03:36 AM
RE: line without a hook - by Hotaru - 09-21-2019, 04:18 AM
RE: line without a hook - by Loren - 09-21-2019, 12:33 PM
RE: line without a hook - by Hotaru - 09-24-2019, 08:57 AM
RE: line without a hook - by Loren - 09-24-2019, 05:31 PM
RE: line without a hook - by Hotaru - 09-25-2019, 01:31 AM