A whole new world [OPEN]
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
tell me all of the things
that make you feel at ease
Evie has never been the sort to welcome newcomers to Caido. Not for any lack of kindness on her part, as the woman is quite adept at dealing with high tempers and turbulent emotions as a healer. Still, as a natural-born citizen, it is nerve-wracking to be near the Spire which had once housed demons and imprisoned goddesses. All her life she has avoided the crumbling structure. It was the equivalent of a bedtime story. Don't venture around the Spire's shadow, or the demon will drag you under and sacrifice you to what lays within.

Not that any of them could have possibly known that what had been trapped within was the Voice.

Even so, Evie is no longer a child. A full-grown woman in her own right, she cannot let such baseless fears rule her life. Not when she has witnessed so much in her time since the Outlanders began trickling in. Finding a home in the land she had been born in. So here she finds herself, wandering through the woods with her satchel at her side, vials clinking merrily as she goes about harvesting the early-winter flora before the long weeks of cold kill them out. They only sprout so often, and Evie doesn't have a greenhouse to grow them year-round which makes harvesting an even more dire task.

Well, she doesn't have a greenhouse yet. Someday perhaps.

She's halfway to the Glade when she hears shouting, copper hair flying as she swiftly jerks her head to and fro to try and determine the source. The words - the name - don't mean anything to her, but the panic and need for help grips at the healer's heart in her chest and she sets off running before she can even stop and think. Her bag thumps against her hip as she runs, feet kicking up ash and snow alike. Whoever it is - a girl, she assumes from the voice - isn't very far from where Evie has been traveling, and she happens upon her almost by accident.

Breathing a little heavily, Evie presents her hands palm-out, approaching slowly now that she has her eyes on the young woman. "It's okay, it's okay, I'm here. Can you tell me your name?" Simple questions that require simple answers less than five syllables, as Amalia's mother had taught her. It would ease her panic naturally, ground her with familiar responses, and hopefully give time for Evie to try and explain the terrible process of portals. And the revelation that the young girl had suddenly lost her home, her past, her loved ones. "My name is Evie, I'm an apothecarist. I live not far from here. Are you injured?" She hadn't lifted herself from the ground yet, and that was worrying enough.

Messages In This Thread
A whole new world [OPEN] - by Senu - 09-21-2019, 03:40 AM
RE: A whole new world [OPEN] - by Evie - 09-21-2019, 04:40 AM
RE: A whole new world [OPEN] - by Senu - 09-21-2019, 06:57 AM
RE: A whole new world [OPEN] - by Evie - 09-23-2019, 03:10 AM
RE: A whole new world [OPEN] - by Senu - 09-23-2019, 04:00 AM
RE: A whole new world [OPEN] - by Evie - 09-23-2019, 05:50 AM
RE: A whole new world [OPEN] - by Senu - 09-24-2019, 02:17 AM
RE: A whole new world [OPEN] - by Evie - 09-24-2019, 08:05 AM
RE: A whole new world [OPEN] - by Senu - 09-25-2019, 04:44 AM
RE: A whole new world [OPEN] - by Evie - 09-25-2019, 07:24 AM
RE: A whole new world [OPEN] - by Senu - 09-26-2019, 04:41 AM