making maps and drawing shots
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Yes yes, there were no perfect solutions to where to stay, which is why Loren had suggested they just decide on two and do everything within their power to make them defensible. If he’d thought he could convince everyone to stay in one place—crowded as that might be—he would’ve, but as it stood he found that possibility distinctly unlikely. Wessex already talked about one place anyway, and again, it was up to her and Deimos in the end.

The problem was, there weren’t really two places large enough to congregate in either the Sanctuary or the Settlement, a fact that became quite apparent when Deimos revealed the map. The Temple and the Monster Hunter’s Guild were the best individual options, but not collectively. However, at the mention of unicorns and the infirmary, the summoner bit his lip without pausing his note-taking. ”We should split up the unicorns, since I can’t heal those with life drain. As for the Temple, the medical college staff is here, and they can operate the Infirmary as well, if not better than I can. We should at least consider the possibility of putting me at the remote location so we don’t have to worry as much about transporting all the medical equipment there.” As loathe as he was to admit it, it might actually make more sense to have him at the Monster Hunter’s Guild, if that’s where they parked him. His discomfort was not a reason to put people in danger. ”We can have some Ascended take my healing magic in addition to the ones who take my summoning. Alternatively, we can make more magic-storing amulets.”

Regarding the defensibility of the Temple, the general covered most of that, but Loren had a few ideas of his own as well. ”Board up all the windows securely enough that we’d notice if anyone tried to pry them open and bar the doors. And since we don’t want people drinking too much anyway, and since it’s a risk, Remi could collapse the tunnel for the duration of LongNight.” It would remove an entrance and exit from the equation and cost the alchemist almost nothing. ”Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I don’t know if glancing through the door will give us a way to tell if the monsters are impersonating people” From what the Launceleyn understood, they physically changed shape. ”I also feel that I should point out that Amalia, Jigano, and Phoebe have insisted they will stay at the Temple, and they have assured me that others feel the same and will be joining them.” Wessex might not like it, but they were relying as much upon people’s cooperation and willingness to stay indoors as their authority and strength, and they should do their best to accommodate that.

When Deimos brought up replicating weapons, Loren sighed again, much more heavily. ”We should also prepare ourselves for the possibility that my summoned creatures do not have the same ability to ward off the monsters as the real ones do, especially because we cannot seem to replicate any other sources of magical light.” It was magic, and magic operated on rules no one really understood. Thankfully, he was looking down at his journal this whole time and didn't have to watch their responses to his words.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.

Messages In This Thread
making maps and drawing shots - by Deimos - 09-23-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Loren - 09-23-2019, 10:32 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Wessex - 09-24-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Deimos - 09-24-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Loren - 09-24-2019, 11:29 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Wessex - 09-25-2019, 07:47 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Deimos - 09-25-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: making maps and drawing shots - by Loren - 09-28-2019, 02:40 PM