angel with a shotgun
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i want to teach you a lesson in the worst kind of way
still i'd trade all my tomorrows,
She shakes her head to Loren with her uncertainty. “I don’t think so. Not yet anyway.” She adds, because even then Rexanna couldn’t get to the portal, not until after Longnight. And with it, the fae having the tree surrounded. It would be too risky, too dangerous, with LongNight’s swift approach. But it isn’t until he asks what Halo is like that Rexanna manages a small, minute smile.

It sounds like home to me. A harsh land of snow and ice. The Voice says it holds one of Caido’s precious commodities, though I don’t know what it is.” She informs him before tilting her head. “I think I saw mountains.
for just one yesterday
the
PeNuMBRA
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Rexanna didn’t know. She just thought so, and that wasn’t assurance enough for Loren. Still, LongNight was almost upon them, and he couldn’t exactly worry about his cousin’s apparently imminent return until after the dark week. That was assuming he survived of course. ”Thanks for the warning.” However, then the blue-eyed woman kept talking. As she revealed more and more information, the summoner’s eyes narrowed. ”What commodity? You saw mountains, snow, and ice? How? Where is this portal? And how’d you know to ask The Voice all this anyway?” It seemed like a weird coincidence, one he didn’t quite believe. The gods, even the new one, didn’t give anything away for free, not even information. At least they didn’t in his experience.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
She nods to his thanks, feeling as though there’s really nothing left for her to say after. She’s given her information, mostly pertaining to the member of his family that’s missing, but as she gives him further information about the location of said ex-queen, Loren’s eyes narrow. “I don’t know what commodity yet.” She answers, simply. She doesn’t know, she didn’t ask. “I saw it through the portal. I can’t tell you where it is yet, after Longnight perhaps. But we helped the Voice open it.” There’s a brief pause as she frowns. “That’s likely why she sent Zariah off, to help her open more portals.” Though it’s all questionable to her. She doesn’t know how to prove it to Loren. But the comment about her almost dying before likely could be pinpointed to that entire ordeal.
for just one yesterday
the
PeNuMBRA
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
It was odd, what Rexanna knew and didn’t know. It was stranger still, what she was willing to reveal and what she wasn’t. She could tell him about the portal and Zariah and some details about where the portal led, but not a lot more than that and not where the portal itself was. And that was all colored by the source of the information. ”So let me get this straight: you won’t tell me where the portal is, and you’re expecting me to take it at face value, when all this comes from The Voice, the goddess you’re desperately trying to convince everyone doesn’t have nefarious plots afoot.” It wasn’t a great look. Still, seeing as Loren hadn’t heard of a new portal opening up, he figured it wasn’t anywhere obvious in the Hollowed Grounds. That meant it was either in the Spire or perhaps in the Greatwood.
Families are like that—
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Of course, she knows the things she’s saying she has no proof of for the moment, but how can she trust Loren in this aside from telling him Zariah’s location and the fact they’ve opened a portal? He’s… Not exactly the best mood, has determined that they aren’t friends, despite her wishes to be. She doesn’t know what she can tell him and remain a secret or what she can’t. So she gnaws on her lip as he explains his, confusion, regarding the whole thing.

I won’t tell you until either after Longnight, or you can prove to me you can keep this secret.” She tells him, perhaps a bit sternly. But with everyone so close together over Longnight, she’d much rather not have her head removed from her shoulders any time soon. “She wants access to the world again, to Caido, Loren. She’s been trapped here in the Hollowed Grounds for hundreds of years. Can you blame her?” She wonders, if like her, he can understand the wishes to get away from the place you were imprisoned.
for just one yesterday
the
PeNuMBRA
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
Maybe it was fair that Rexanna held back the true source of her knowledge from Loren. Apparently, that was only she’d tell her friends, or after LongNight for some reason he couldn’t possibly begin to fathom. He looked at her, eyes growing a little frosty again. ”Yes. I can blame her. I’m not saying I do, just that I could.”

Leaning forward, the Launceleyn fixed the blue-eyed woman with his best piercing stare. ”I understand the need for freedom. But I can’t help but ask what the cost of her freedom, of her seeing the world is to the rest of it. The rest of us. I’m not saying it’s too high. I’m just asking what it is. Do you know?” It seemed that too few of them were getting straight answers from the gods. However, no one but him seemed to think that both sets of deities had their own agendas that not only conflicted with each others’ divine will, but also maybe with the mortals’ best interests.
Families are like that—
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
Oh, he grows cold again. Not like she doesn’t expect it with her withholding information. But regardless, she thought it might have helped. Perhaps it still has, that he knows Zariah is still out there somewhere, however far away it may be. And she even nods while he mentions that he could blame her, not that he does, but the idea of him being able to. Perhaps that’s enough. She doesn’t have anything to add to it.

But then he fixes her with his best piercing stare, and her sapphire eyes grow a bit harder once more at what he suggests. “I don’t know what it is, no.” She pauses to smile, a cold yet still somehow bright smile. “But I’m excited to find out.” She offers, turning from him then to lift her hood up again over her head. The future would be uncertain, that’s for sure. But at the very least, she hopes to be along for the ride.

She steps lightly away from him then, pulling her light jacket tight around her as she makes for the door. “Until Longnight.” She offers him, glancing toward him once more, before she slips through the front doors and strides off into the night.
for just one yesterday
the
PeNuMBRA