trial and failure (open)
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Who could ask to be unbroken
or be brave again?
Or honey hope even on this side
of the grave again?
Nate grinned wide, both at the confirmation that he wasn’t being a bother, and at the easy acceptance of his nickname. Usually he had to do some convincing, even with as simple as Ollie. ”Nice to meet you too. Seems like it’s been forever since I actually met someone new.” He laughed, though it was true. The Hollowed Grounds weren’t infinite.

Nate shifted, stomping his feet in the cold, and took a few steps to stand under a tree, where the snow was lighter. He waited for Ollie to join him, pleased that the conversation was going on for a little bit. This was exactly what he’d wanted, a distraction, but actually interesting. He took a drag off his smoke, then glanced at the other man, deciding if he looked old enough to be offered a drag, then deciding he didn’t really care that much and holding it out anyway.

”The gods are picky.” He said dismissively. ”And kind of bitchy. There’s better things here than them, believe me.” Okay, so maybe he was a little bit biased, after his own disastrous prayer to Frey, and the other, barely answered prayer to the Voice. ”If you did do something wrong, it was probably stupid.” Was this reassuring? He didn’t know, but really hoped so. Nate didn’t know much else.

What had brought him all the way out here? A boredom, a vague sense of uselessness and ennui that had been building up ever since he’d temporarily moved out of Sams home. The preamble to a case of cabin fever over Longnight. The strange relationship thing he was building with another person, willingly. ”I just wanted to stretch my legs. I don’t think I’ve ever been out this way before, actually. It’s kinda nice.” He shrugged, then gestured to the pond. ”Bet there’s decent fishing here. When it’s warm.” Nate laughed, though why he’d said wasn’t exactly funny. Sometimes he just needed the distraction.
And who could ask it to be sound
or to feel saved again?
But stick around until you hear
that music play again

Messages In This Thread
trial and failure (open) - by Oliver - 10-01-2019, 02:30 PM
RE: trial and failure (open) - by Nate - 10-04-2019, 05:33 PM
RE: trial and failure (open) - by Oliver - 10-05-2019, 06:38 PM
RE: trial and failure (open) - by Nate - 10-06-2019, 08:15 AM
RE: trial and failure (open) - by Oliver - 10-06-2019, 04:57 PM
RE: trial and failure (open) - by Nate - 10-09-2019, 04:56 AM
RE: trial and failure (open) - by Oliver - 10-10-2019, 10:21 PM