Personal Quest Don't Fear the Reaper
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Melita was greeted with a smile as Jigano paused to wipe sweat from his brow. He had hoped that summer’s daughter would be able to make it, and his heart lightened to see her effervescent smile and the eagerness in her that had marked her as special before the blight had tainted them both. He set the shovel aside as Isuma bounded over to greet Fangorn in a playful dance, chirruping brightly to see her friend again amid the snow. ”Good morning, Melita,” Jigano called, welcoming her to the fire and joining her there to await the rest of their crew. ”I’ve got just the task for you—“ he started to say with a mischievous grin before Kiada came over the snow and Isuma rubbed up against Fangorn one more time before flying across the distance to greet Auni.

”And good morning to you, Kiada,” he called, glancing between the two women with a brow only slightly raised as he considered the tension in the air. This might be a little tricky, but he thought he could still manage. It meant a little juggling of tasks, but that was alright. His smile turned back to a grin as Caiside came into view shortly behind Kiada, the great elk unmistakable in the morning light. ”Caiside, glad you could make it!” he called to the final arrival, and rubbed his hands together eagerly as he looked at those gathered.

”Thank you all for coming today. I’d like to construct a shrine here… well, for reasons we’ve already gone over,” he admitted a touch ruefully. ”Preferably something that will last for a long time, so I’d like to build it out of stone. I’ll need a pair to collect stones from the Ruins or around the Bridge that we can use.” He gestured to the spikes and string that marked the square, and the post hole he’d begun to dig in the frozen earth. ”This is where I’d like to raise it, and you can see the size of it—“ roughly three feet wide by four feet long, ”—and the base should be about four feet high.”

He looked to Kiada with solemn nod. ”If you could search out useful-sized stones and help to load them onto the sled…” He turned his attention to Caiside with a grin. ”Caiside has the strength to pull them back. If you’re willing to let me harness you up to it. If not, the pair of you can pull it behind you while you walk on two feet instead.”

He turned to the sled, unloading it and grunting as he carried a large sack over to the side of the fire before returning with half a wooden barrel. ”Melita, you’ve got the most experience mixing mortar. The cold will make it a bit of a challenge, but if we do it next to the fire it should stay warm enough to work. The dry ingredients are here, and you can melt snow to mix in to make the slurry.” He went back to his shovel, lifting it and letting it thunk back into the hard ground ruefully. ”I’ll keep digging the foundation down, and the post hole for the core of it,” he added, taking one of the more grueling tasks on himself.

”If no one has any objections, let’s get to work.”

You have your tasks! Any simple tools or items you might want to make things easier are probably loaded into the supplies that were just removed from the sled.

Posting Order:
1. Kiada, find stones to use in the construction of the shrine and lead Caiside to them!
2. Caiside, help Kiada load and haul the stones back to the shrine site. A harness is already attached to the sled if you choose to use your elk form
3. Melita, it’s mortar-time again! Good thing you already know how it’s done ;D

PQ will be moving on in 48 hours or sooner

Messages In This Thread
Don't Fear the Reaper - by Jigano - 10-05-2019, 03:33 PM
RE: Don't Fear the Reaper - by Melita - 10-05-2019, 06:22 PM
RE: Don't Fear the Reaper - by Kiada - 10-06-2019, 06:57 AM
RE: Don't Fear the Reaper - by Caiside - 10-06-2019, 08:37 AM
RE: Don't Fear the Reaper - by Jigano - 10-07-2019, 02:02 AM
RE: Don't Fear the Reaper - by Kiada - 10-07-2019, 04:05 AM
RE: Don't Fear the Reaper - by Melita - 10-07-2019, 11:11 PM
RE: Don't Fear the Reaper - by Caiside - 10-08-2019, 11:05 PM
RE: Don't Fear the Reaper - by Jigano - 10-09-2019, 02:34 AM