A Good Time For A Joke
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Nate
”I couldn’t? Why not?” Nate asked, his concern sharpening his voice into frustration. He didn’t need Sam to answer. It was nice to pretend he could do anything to protect the other man, but the truth was he was out of his depth here. He sighed through his nose and pinched his eyes shut, fighting to keep himself calm.

It was working, until the redhead kept speaking, his words making Nate freeze, his heartbeat hammering at odds with the rhythm that was tapped out on his chest. ”Someone died? You... you were hurt?” Nate wasn’t yelling, but in a way that said he would be loud, if he didn’t know people were sleeping nearby.

Why was he so upset? He’d known people who died before. People close to him. What was it about Sam that provoked such a reaction in him, made him want to just protect? Instead of facing any of that, Nate drew in a breath. ”You didn’t say anything. What if... you’d been the one to die?”

So let's face it this was never what you wanted
But I know it's fun to pretend
Now blank stares and empty threats
Are all I have, they're all I have

Messages In This Thread
A Good Time For A Joke - by Nate - 10-06-2019, 07:59 AM
RE: A Good Time For A Joke - by Samuel - 10-06-2019, 06:37 PM
RE: A Good Time For A Joke - by Nate - 10-09-2019, 04:33 AM
RE: A Good Time For A Joke - by Samuel - 10-11-2019, 01:16 PM
RE: A Good Time For A Joke - by Nate - 10-15-2019, 04:22 AM
RE: A Good Time For A Joke - by Samuel - 10-15-2019, 09:01 PM