like a chicken with it's head chopped off
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Emotions don't serve the Wraith, not nearly as well as pragmatism does. Emotions make things messy and get in the way of progress, particularly if you're going to worry about stepping on everyone's toes. So perhaps Loren will soon realize that just because Wessex doesn't outwardly hold a grudge and can still get shit done, it doesn't mean she's forgotten. Then again, Loren is a bright boy; he is probably well aware that she isn't the type to forget.

Which is why when he comes to her with logical problems instead of things that he seems to take a personal offense to, she is happy to engage instead of dismiss. Although the mention of something volatile is more than a little worrisome. "Can you elaborate on the volatile part?" she asks with a slightly raised brow. First things first.

Before she tests something, she needs to know she isn't going to explode. It's not that Wessex is afraid of it, it's that there's so much to do after LongNight, so much to see! Is it worth the risk?

Is there even an actual risk? She heads back to the room and tosses the pillows on the ground, then turns around and faces Loren again. "The thing is that Rex still has Ascended fluid running through her body. That's the stuff that's highly flammable." And then there was the phenomenon that saved them all  - Wessex's lips purse together in thought. "The Sparkbird light didn't harm us last year." Ever since she came back from the Portal, she's felt like she can conquer the world - The Voice's juice is good stuff.

But how does he know she can handle her fire magic?

"So let me get this straight: You want me to bite you so I can test to see if I'll explode… but before I potentially go boom, you want me to take so much from you that you need to be worried about blood loss?" A low whistle. He thinks a lot. Like she does. And she know he comes to her because she's the strongest Ascended and if there's actually a problem, the Wraith is the most likely to survive it. "Ok. I personally don't think there's anything to worry about with the magic, but I'll test it." A small shrug. Don't ask anyone to do anything she wouldn't do herself, that always been a staunch motto of hers. "And if unicorns can heal us, I imagine you can."

But his neurosis, even if last minute and pushing it on finding a plan B, if Wessex ends up dead or she can't summon, is appreciated
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
RE: like a chicken with it's head chopped off - by Wessex - 10-14-2019, 03:25 AM