fishing for a dream
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
she had magic in her eyes even the stars envied
His reaction catches her by surprise, and the qilin turns back to where Remi is standing, pride and happiness radiantly clear in her thoughts. Incredible, he calls her, and oh of she could blush! Instead the Shield laughs, a strange and lovely sound like water falling on stone. Thank you! she laughs back happily, taking a moment to daintily prance over the mist and snow.

Together they make the short trip to the shrine, Amalia walking on soft cloven hooves, her head held high with nervous excitement. Safrin- she helped me find it. I... I think maybe I'm ready to really be a Shield, now. It's a soft and careful confession, almost embarrassed, as though she isn't really sure she's allowed to say it, pride and confidence so foreign to the girl.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
say it's here where our pieces fall in place
Remi won't offer her the normal platitudes, like you've always been ready!, instead he merely smiles warmly despite the chill in the air. "Now...do not take this the wrong way.." He begins with an awkward grin, eyes trialing from the strangely prehensile tail, the bursts of flame, the clouds around her hooves. "But...what are you, exactly?"

When Remi was first a manticore, no one had a word for what he was until Loren had come along.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
She laughs at his question, turning around to inspect herself, raising her long prehensile tail to playfully bat at him. I don't know, Amalia admits, tilting her bi-horned head. I think... Loren summoned one of them. So maybe he knows. There is nothing like a qilin in Caido, as far as the baker knows.

Clouds still forming beneath her hooves, the Shield carries on toward the shrine. She supposes she should have asked Safrin what she was, but she'd been so caught up in the moment of discovery and the sensation feeling like herself that the question didn't come up. How did you know about the manticore?
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Of course Loren did. Something about those words made Remi's stomach flop unhappily; the mental pulse of which transferred uneasily towards Amalia.

Following along at a brisk pace—Amalia's long legs carrying her easily, and above the snow no less—the alchemist could only shake his head with a rueful chuckle. "Loren as well. I had never seen the creature before, but when I shifted in front of him he knew what it was right away. Loren....had much more education than I did, back in Northaven." Given Remi had no education, that was the understatement of the year.

"He usually does know about his summons, so if he made one of these before, there is a good chance he knows what it is called."
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
The rueful tone is not lost on Amalia, who sends a pulse of pride and affection to her friend. Well, for what it's worth, I think you've got your life far more together now than he does. Another understatement of the year, and the large qilin nudges him lightly with her shoulder, hoping she doesn't manage to push him over in the act. I don't know what kind of education they had in Northaven, but from what I've heard of the place it's probably terrible anyway.

Realizing Remi might be struggling to keep up, Amalia stops suddenly, her ears falling back uncertainly as she considers the offer she's about to make. You know... I know it's not far, but you could probably ride on my back.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
It didn't help, for having his life together was part of the problem. Or, at least he was constantly reminded of how good he had things now as a reason why only Loren was entitled to suffer. "Probably." He agrees with a bright laugh, stumbling slightly and raising a hand to steady himself on her shoulder.

Unlike others who view the attuned's animal shifts as strangely anthropomorphized ("you can't ride Amalia!!"), the alchemist has no such compunctions. Indeed, as a manticore he knows what it's like to be ridden, and there's certainly nothing awkward about it in the way one might expect.

"I do not mind if you don't." He says with a smile.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
Amalia has never ridden an Attuned, nor has she been ridden, but it seems like a practical solution and the Shield is nothing if not willing to help others. Kneeling down obligingly, she lowers her body down to the snowy ground, making it easier for him to climb onto her slender back. Between the deer-like build and the scales it may not be the most comfortable ride, but she supposes if Remi needs it he can make himself a pillow or blanket.

Once he's settled she straightens back up, offering her long prehensile tail as a seatbelt. You can hold onto my... mane? Or tail. Then slowly at first she takes a step, picking up speed only when she feels confident he is comfortable.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Placing a hand gently onto her withers, Remi mounts easily enough. Having ridden Isla more than a few times (and hearing from her what was most comfortably), the alchemist does his best to keep his adjustments to a minimum. That said though, he does let large tawny wings splay from his back to help with balance.

"Uhhh.." Glancing down at her tail, Remi tilts his head before shrugging. Wrapping it around his waist from the back—so that he has some support behind him—he mentally pulses a nod that he is ready. Laughing delightedly as she moves, her step infinitely smoother given she is moving across a layer of clouds rather than the snow, Remi is careful to keep concentration on the fish tank so that it continues to follow.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
With Remi seemingly comfortable and steady Amalia picks up the pace, her slender body moving swiftly and gracefully through the brush and trees. Playfully she prances a little, laughing in that rain on rock tone with frequent glances back to her friend to make sure he is comfortable as she tests the limits of her new form.

At her quick pace it isn't long before they reach the stones that mark the shrine. Slowing to a stop, Amalia bows her head in silent reverence, a prayer let out to Safrin as they leave their offering. Safrin... we brought you a dreamfish. Thank you for keeping us safe in LongNight. I hope that this year you are able to spend the days of dark with Vi.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Though he thought his balance was good enough, Remi did find himself leaning forward to curl his fingers through the plush of mane before him. With wings spread from his sides as if he was flying along with her, Remi hummed a buoyant laugh as they raced towards the shrine.

Sliding off of Amalia's back and kneeling in the snow as well, Remi adds a pulse of agreement to Amalia's prayer though doesn't include any words. He isn't entirely sure where he stands with Safrin (or any of them, really). Moving the tank onto the shrine, he looks at the fish swimming within the water. Pressing his fingers to the glass, sprouts of algae and other water-based plants appear to give the fish some privacy, food, and entertainment.

"She will come for it, won't she? It will not just...sit here?"
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
A smile pulses from Amalia as she watches Remi add foliage to the fish tank, stepping forward and lowering her head to investigate his work. His thoughtfulness never fails to surprise her, the thoughtfulness and caring for everyone else- even to the point of ignoring his own struggles. Raising her face back up, she presses her soft nose against his hair and exhales a warm and affectionate breath, the equivalent of a kiss. She will come, the Shield promises, absolute faith in her mental tone. And people will be safer, thanks to you.

Kneeling back down in an invitation for him to mount her once again, Amalia lets him settle in before rising to her feet. Are you still going out during LongNight, for Ludo? the girl asks quietly, turning her long neck back to fix him with a dark, nonjudgmental look.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Shivering with happiness that sends ripples down his spine, Remi grins to himself as he distractedly reaches behind to lay a hand against Amalia. This sort of gesture is one he's experienced from Isla more and more lately as she continues to lose the more human elements of herself to the unicorn body she was placed in. Still, it's comforting just the same.

"Us." He corrects immediately.

Mounting again and giving the qilin a curiously amused look as she manages to stretch her elegant neck around to look at him, he nods instantly. "Yes. I need to atone for what happened last LongNight. For losing Ludo's mask." And because once said, the idea of any being left to die in the cold was simply not something his heart could abide if there was at all a chance of stopping it.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
She nods, expecting this response, and turns back toward where the settlement is. That Remi is committed to Ludo's task comes as no surprise, and Amalia will not try to dissuade him- the opposite, in fact. Okay. Then I will go with you. Her tone leaves no room for argument, as straightforward a declaration as the one he made. She will help him and keep him safe. She is strong enough to, now.

Retracing her steps, Amalia makes her way back to the oasis, pausing a moment beside the water. Can I show you one more thing? she asks, excitement palpable and bubbling through the bond.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Oh you will, will you? And what if I wanted to be alone? To work on my singing or such?" Remi quipped back playfully. Though he did in fact want to argue, knowing that Amalia had her luxere staff more or less took the wind from his sails. She'd be safe from the creatures.

"So help me if you have another new shift, I will think you are trying to show me up." But there is nothing but affection and joy in his voice.