listen to my aching heart
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Did they get you to trade
Your heroes for ghosts?

After speaking with Jigano and Remi and having his hand treated by Nate, Sam was absolutely exhausted. Ascended didn't get tired in the classical way, but he was still more than familiar with emotional drain, with a heaviness in his eyelids that had far more to do with pain than sleep. He had come to the room (secretly a little relieved Nate was still gone, wanting to be alone) to have a nap.

A knock at the door woke him with a start some time after he'd fallen asleep and for a moment, still on edge, he sat up with wide eyes and stared, his good hand digging into the mattress while the one remaining finger on his other clutched at his chest. Rexanna's voice comforted the fear that it was a monster on the other side, but he found himself scared for a whole new reason.

Rexanna had to hate him now, right? She had every reason to. Sam didn't know if in his current state he could take hearing from her what he had done, how she felt. But he couldn't deny her. He knew it had to have been a Herculean effort for her to even get to the room.

Sam opened the door, dressed in a quickly thrown on old shirt of Nates and some loose pants, much more casual than his normal attire. "...Come in, Rex..." He took her arm and nodding to the person that had helped her over, guided her into the room until she could sit on the bed. Before she could say anything, he found an apology babbling out of his lips. "Rexanna-- I- I know I have caused something unforgivable and horrible to you and you are right to be mad at me and I'm very, very sorry about it, I don't know how to tell you how sorry, I've been thinking I might talk to The Voice and ask her to take some energy or...fluid, from me, if it'll help her cure you..."

He trailed off, the idea only half-formed anyway and he realised he'd probably commandeered the conversation away from what she had wanted. "...Um...but...what...do you want to talk about?"
Samuel
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?

Messages In This Thread
listen to my aching heart - by Rexanna - 10-27-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Samuel - 10-27-2019, 06:19 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Rexanna - 10-27-2019, 06:39 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Samuel - 10-27-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Rexanna - 10-27-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Random Event - 10-28-2019, 02:52 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Samuel - 10-28-2019, 06:41 PM