listen to my aching heart
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
Ah good, he is there, in the room. She mumbles her own thanks to the person that’s helped her as Samuel takes her arm, guiding her into the room to the bed where she sits and quietly marvels at the softness of the bed despite not really having the feeling to appreciate it much more than that. But before she could open her mouth to thank him for helping her to the bed, he begins to speak. Had he been thinking about it before she arrived? Had he had time to prepare?

Her lips close and she lets him say his peace, at least until he mentions the idea of talking to the Voice and sacrificing some of himself for the sake of curing her, and she shakes her head to that – head angling toward the location she can hear him in. He trails off, and soon after asks what she wanted to talk to him about, and gods there’s a lot to unpack in that statement. So she starts easily, legs lifting to fold underneath her in a crisscross shape, arms folding into her lap.

She has to be honest, now, as much as it bothers her to do so.

Sam… I can’t lie and tell you that I’m not mad.” She starts, head tilting as a frown finds her face. “But you don’t need to talk to the Voice about that just to atone for something.” Her mind flits back to Frey, and her own similar tendencies before her frown deepens lightly. “I’m alive. Beat up, but alive. Which means that you can help me fix this in a different way rather than becoming some sort of sacrificial lamb. I’ve had enough of that. Enough time being that. So here’s what we’re going to do.” There’s a bit of firmness to her voice that she hasn’t really used here in Caido yet, but something underlining beneath it seems royal, seems diplomatic and queenly beneath it all.

Training from Halyven, definitely.

I’ve read my scans, and aside from the obvious with the eyes, the unicorns healed my chest from where the beam was. But my wrists can’t be fixed by them. My ribs can’t be fixed by them. My nose can’t be fixed by them. And I’ve had many offers from people to go to the Voice with me to fix it. But you have to take me.” The Penumbra explains quickly, head lifting in a distinctly classic Rexanna look, despite not being able to see. “If you want to help me fix this, do that. Take me and apologize by helping fix me. But I will not have you sacrifice parts of yourself to it.I won’t make you go through what I went through, just for me.
until the lambs
have become
lions

Messages In This Thread
listen to my aching heart - by Rexanna - 10-27-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Samuel - 10-27-2019, 06:19 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Rexanna - 10-27-2019, 06:39 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Samuel - 10-27-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Rexanna - 10-27-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Random Event - 10-28-2019, 02:52 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Samuel - 10-28-2019, 06:41 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Rexanna - 10-29-2019, 04:29 AM