listen to my aching heart
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
Sam might be dreading it, but Rexanna was looking forward to it. To feel complete, whole again, to ask their goddess to fix her eyes from the issues of the night. And if she couldn’t? Well, they’d find a way. If the Voice could make an invisibility chip for all her Ascended, then certainly she could make something work. She wouldn’t remain useless, couldn’t remain useless with all the prospects on the horizon.

He sighs, screwing up his eyes pausing before he manages to state the thoughts in his mind to reply to her. And she mulls over the information with a small nod. “I’d heard something similar, yes.” She says quietly, though from who she can’t remember right now. But the panic that seems to hide within the words he tells her, has her stomach churning, and she realizes she literally cannot be this way to Samuel. She’s upset, yes, disappointed? Maybe a small amount.

But he’s still kind of like her brother now, right? There isn’t a part of her that could actively be cruel at him without making up for it in some way. And despite the splints on her wrists, she turns to face Samuel, lifting an arm in the hopes of not hitting him with it, before trying to pull him in for a hug. “Sam… I’m afraid people might already think that.” She admits quietly, recalling the Fae and the Mathair. Recalling Roana who had tried to kill them all.

All they could do was to try and prove them wrong.

She sighs too, biting down on her lower lip briefly before she shakes her head. “I think… That perhaps with the earlier versions, they might not have been able to have the control that we do. She’s better now, stronger. And this has been happening for how many years? She calls us her bright ones, what if we’re the best version of them we could be? I think she might try to do everything she can to prevent us from going down that path.” She hopes, at least.

You are so kind Samuel.” He truly is. “But sometimes there’s just… Nothing we can do. We can’t go back, can’t revert back to the normal version of ourselves. Even if we could, if I were just Abandoned still… I would have died out there. I’m not sure I want that fragility again.
until the lambs
have become
lions

Messages In This Thread
listen to my aching heart - by Rexanna - 10-27-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Samuel - 10-27-2019, 06:19 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Rexanna - 10-27-2019, 06:39 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Samuel - 10-27-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Rexanna - 10-27-2019, 10:20 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Random Event - 10-28-2019, 02:52 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Samuel - 10-28-2019, 06:41 PM
RE: listen to my aching heart - by Rexanna - 10-29-2019, 04:29 AM