[SE] i am the walrus
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 30 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Well. Loren had survived LongNight. Fancy that: despite monsters and mayhem and just a hint of arson, the Launceleyn had made it through unscathed and unpunished. And like the plants that had sprung up from the Deepfrost snows, the summoner was full of new life (and not just because he could create animals at a whim). No, this was a time for beginnings, and after the turmoil of the past two seasons he was ready to leave the past behind and emerge into the sun and the light and the growth to become a new man.

Too long he’d lived in shadow and sorrow.

Now though, he’d made his amends and his explanations and his apologies. Although not all was well with everyone he’d left behind, Loren had realized there was no pleasing everyone. Besides, they’d all changed, and at this point he was done holding himself back for fear of offending or upsetting others. Surprisingly, he was okay with that: selfishness didn’t necessarily suit him, but what he’d called selflessness and keeping other safe had been stifling him as well as everyone else. Now that Flowerbirth was upon them, it was time to move on.

However, he couldn’t leave all his past behind him. After all, for his formative years, he’d been a farmer. Part of that would always be with him, in the way that he rose with the dawn and the care he showed to plants and animals. Now that the cold season had departed—and now that he’d resolved himself to be a new man, a better person—he felt it would do him some good to get back to his roots before he totally shed his old self.

So, deep in the depths of the Launceleyn Manor (which needed some severe cleaning), he’d found some seeds for some roses. Regular ones, not magical god ones. Who knew who put them there, since Zariah and Edrei certainly weren’t nurturers. Regardless, he made his way out to the Fields. It was past time he left his own mark on the Hollowed Grounds, no matter how small. It was a surprisingly muddy trek, and though his pants were covered with streaks of dirt by the time he made it out there, he didn’t mind. He cleaned up nicely, even if he was still too thin. Astra was by his side, and she let out periodic annoyed grunts and bleats as her fur was coated; she was a creature of Deepfrost and very much disliked the new weather. However, he gave her a head rub every time and she subsided easily enough.

Surprisingly, there was another person already out there. The summoner shaded his eyes, but the other man wasn’t someone the Launceleyn knew. Weirdly enough, there seemed to be plants growing out of the stranger as well as a riot of colorful flowers that were unseasonably early. It caused Loren’s heart and pace to speed up; although he wasn’t certain, he had his suspicions about who this man might be.

”Hello there!” The Launceleyn’s voice came out cheerfully, though he watched the other man with careful eyes. If this was who the summoner thought it was, this might prove to be a very, very strange interaction indeed. ”I see I’m not the only one who thought to come out to the Fields after LongNight.” Actually there would probably be a lot of people out there soon. For now, though, they were the only two in view.

Giving the stranger a gentle smile, Loren halted a short distance from where the other man was lying down. ”So, this is going to be a strange question. But uh...do you have a twin sister?” Oia’i’o had a similar ability to make the landscape grow over her, and the summoner thought it was too unlikely that there were two strangers with similar abilities appearing around the same time to be a coincidence, especially given that she’d mentioned her and her twin had a task. Besides, the resemblance was uncanny, and not just because of the plants.
light is precious in a world so dark
begin at the beginning
tell a story. make some light

Messages In This Thread
[SE] i am the walrus - by Kaimana - 11-01-2019, 03:40 AM
RE: i am the walrus - by Loren - 11-01-2019, 04:12 AM
RE: i am the walrus - by Lily - 11-01-2019, 01:56 PM
RE: i am the walrus - by Kaimana - 11-01-2019, 02:36 PM
RE: i am the walrus - by Loren - 11-01-2019, 02:50 PM
RE: i am the walrus - by Lily - 11-02-2019, 06:45 PM
RE: i am the walrus - by Kaimana - 11-04-2019, 02:57 AM
RE: i am the walrus - by Loren - 11-04-2019, 03:26 AM