on the digestive nature of tangleweeds
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
so hold my hand & i'll walk with you, my dear
From the corner of your eye you can see your twin rise and follow you in your mad dash after the swiftly escaping tangleweed. The grin that splits your face is wide and electric, but she will likely be unable to see or appreciate it as your attention returns quickly to your prey research subject.

Oia wants you to slow it down, though, and you’re nothing if not obliging. “Okay!” you call back to your twin’s instruction, voice bright and enthusiastic. In an attempt to redirect the tangleweed you pick your pace up, while simultaneously reaching out with your powers to gently nudge it- not enough to interrupt the natural movement of the thing, but enough to make it slow it to the point that you can put yourself into its path.

Once you’re in front of it you release the tangleweed to its own devices, kneeling down and raising your arms to be an obvious deterrent to its path. In response, the plant-animal-thing careens to a weird, unsettling stop, its many stick like limbs scrambling out to find a point of purchase on the dry grass of the ground. It doesn’t so much turn around as, well, reverse, flipping its trajectory around entirely and sending itself rolling in the opposite direction - straight at your observant twin.
Kaimana

Messages In This Thread
RE: on the digestive nature of tangleweeds - by Kaimana - 11-01-2019, 04:18 AM