on the digestive nature of tangleweeds
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
so hold my hand & i'll walk with you, my dear
Huh. As Oia freezes the tangleweed in mid air you make your way back toward it, taking the opportunity to investigate the weird kinda-sorta-stick limbs. Before it can escape you snap a little off, now pretty confident that it can't really feel pain, as such.

Your twin releases the plant creature but you don't pay a lot of attention. You've got the length of tangleweed limb(?) held close to your eyes, squinting intently as you roll it between your fingers. Pushing out with your magic thoughtfully, you attempt to get the not-stick to bend, surprised as it shows a certain degree of suppleness, as though it were made of new, green wood.

But sight and touch are not the only senses you have to employ, and Rae sent you off to really examine the world, not just 2/5 examine it. So, of course, you take the logical next step and raise the stick up to your mouth, swiping your tongue across its length as a child might lick a popsicle. And lo and behold, new information! "They're barbed," you announce to your twin triumphantly, walking back to where she stands. "Teeny tiny barbs, but you can feel 'em on your tongue. It mus' be how they grab prey an' get around without gettin' stuck on everything."
Kaimana

Messages In This Thread
RE: on the digestive nature of tangleweeds - by Kaimana - 11-01-2019, 05:45 PM