on the digestive nature of tangleweeds
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
so hold my hand & i'll walk with you, my dear
Oh, right. Descriptions. Well, teeny tiny barbs is a good start, but you suppose you ought to explain the other things you're experiencing from it, too. "It's supple, like new wood. Bendy. Which makes sense, I 'spose, given its mobility." Holding either end of the not-stick between your forefingers, you gently squeeze to induce bending without allowing it to snap. This isn't magical, it's a practical test.

The next part is easier. "Nah, it only feels kinda painful from the barbs. I don' think whatever made the numb feeling is in the stick-legs- it's from the stomachy bit in the middle." The digestive processes must be housed there, and some form of stomach acid produced to break down organic organic matter.

That's what Oia might have said, anyway. For your purposes and vocabulary, 'stomachy bit' works well enough.

Looking at the one your twin has disengaged from her arm, you roll your stick between your fingers thoughtfully. "Does it smell like anything? Like animal mustiness or plantness or acidy?"
Kaimana

Messages In This Thread
RE: on the digestive nature of tangleweeds - by Kaimana - 11-01-2019, 08:07 PM