Not So Simply Divine (Open)

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Safrin

the devil is not as black as he is painted

Instead of provocation, Elyna's words only made the goddess laugh. "How little you know." She mused, raising a brow. That this was not the only shrine nor way of calling to the goddess was something perhaps Elyna would learn in time. As it was now, Safrin was not inclined to offer that knowledge with her attention dwindling away as it was.

If Elyna didn't want to play the goddess's game that was fine. It wasn't for Safrin to coax a response from the mortal. Ely's baggage was her own to bear. Safrin didn't need her. Especially not an ascended.

As Ely straightened under the duress of the sun, the goddess allowed her head to further tilt as her eyes narrowed. The ascended was toying with the line between merely being overly confident and speaking the truth. Her words were not wrong, but the goddess couldn't decide if the woman's motivations were. The ascended had a chip on her shoulder, that was clear to see. The question was whether that chip had revealed anything interesting inside. Of course she had tried to rally against what she likely saw as some show of force. Really, the goddess was just proving a point about the horrific creations that the ascended were. Strong and fast and yet brought to heel by the sunlight?

What a perfectly stupid system.

With a sigh the starlight resumed, perhaps seeming all the darker for the flare of brilliance that had previously surrounded them. Raising a hand to her cheek, Safrin tapped her fingers thoughtfully for a moment.

"You make many assumptions, little one. I said your utility was what interests me. I did not ask for a show of strength, it was you who suggested such. I did not ask for my name to be panhandled by you, nor for there to be lines of people seeking out this place." Her voice was now shockingly gentle even as the warrior before her bristled.

She could feel the misunderstanding and misinterpretation wafting off of Elyna in waves. A more kind deity might have taken lengths to assuage the woman of this. But of course Safrin was not a kind deity. She was an inherently selfish one, and as it was, Ely seemed to have nothing but naive willpower and inflammatory words on offer.

"A fit of pique?" Safrin chuckled and shook her head condescendingly. To a bug dropping a glass of water and creating a flood might indeed seem rash, but in this case Safrin was merely proving a point. "No, no. Just reminding you if your limitations in the face of such brazen declarations of your abilities."

Messages In This Thread
Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-28-2018, 03:54 AM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 03:57 AM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 04:56 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 08:21 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 08:35 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 09:23 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 09:49 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 10:16 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 10:38 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-30-2018, 06:02 PM