Not So Simply Divine (Open)
Elyna Ariez
Soldier

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 4 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

This goddess might be a little crazy: Elyna was a bit insane herself, so she recognized the signs of it in others. Maybe it was too much to hope that the deities would be better than actual people, but so far all Elyna could see was that this one, at least, was just more powerful. And absolute power corrupts absolutely, or so they said. Still, now that it seemed the immediate danger had passed and they’d fought, Elyna felt a lot calmer. She always felt better after an altercation of any kind.

Or at least she felt like the fastest way to get through this was to keep as much a lid as she could on her temper and just respond in as reasonable a manner as she could muster. ”I gave you what I personally think my best qualities are. And I didn’t see a way in which my wants, needs, and desires could be useful to you. I still don’t. Perhaps you could enlighten me? I would appreciate it, so I don’t make the same mistakes twice.” Elyna always strove for improvement; she definitely wasn’t expecting the deity to answer, after being ignored this whole time, but it was always worth a shot.

Alright, this deity wanted honesty, well, Elyna could do honesty. Brutal honesty, maybe, but honesty all the same. ”Fine. In that case, your communication and listening skills could use some work. You say the way I responded says a lot about me, but maybe it says just as much about how you presented yourself to me and how you said what you said. If you want people to react in ways that are more pleasing to you, then you have to explain a bit of who and what you are and what you value, not just hope we’ll stumble upon it.” Because of Elyna’s assumptions and the goddess’ alien nature, they’d just apparently misunderstood each other entirely; while Elyna was partially to blame for that, it wasn’t like the deity wasn’t also at fault.

In fact, looking back on it, Elyna didn’t regret her choices. Say what you would about the soldier, but she rarely looked back, always moving nearly inexorably forward. ”I admit I made some assumptions, but you didn’t exactly come out and say what you wanted from me either. Instead, you challenged me, and when I answer in a way that displeased you, you tortured me, which did not make me inclined to be reasonable. Besides, me and my people have no idea about the gods and are terrified of you and what you can do, so you’ll have to forgive our ignorance, since we have no one to teach us about you. Moreover, I didn’t call upon you, but a different goddess entirely.” So this being should get off her high horse. Elyna was tired of being jerked around; if the deity smote her, whatever. Better than having to listen to this drivel a second longer.

Actually, it seemed neither of them cared much for the other. ”If I bore you so much and you don’t have to be here, then go. I would have loved some answers, but since you don’t inclined to give them to me and it appears I don’t know the proper ways to ask or procedures or whatever, why waste any more of either of our time?” This was probably insolent—and was probably yet another mistake—but Elyna had never been a particularly patient person. And this goddess was definitely trying the warrior's patience. But the being had asked for honesty and Elyna had delivered, so if the goddess got mad now, that would be pretty fucking hypocritical.

elyna
Improving upon perfection

Messages In This Thread
Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-28-2018, 03:54 AM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 03:57 AM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 04:56 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 08:21 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 08:35 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 09:23 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Safrin - 11-29-2018, 09:49 PM
RE: Not So Simply Divine (Open) - by Elyna - 11-29-2018, 10:16 PM