Personal Quest Fun Home
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Abasi
Love is one thing, knowledge is another.

Abasi heard one of his guests speak of 'primitive superstitions' and just about held his tongue from telling her of the wonders of his people, of pyramids and statues far greater than any of the architecture here, of maths and science that seemed far beyond the capabilities of the average grounder. But she was here to help and he had to pick his battles, so he simply ignored it.

Ignoring the scribbling in the book too, he instead answered the question she posed. "Not literally. But we can make the body less likely to decay and rot, so it may be kept whole over many years." It was almost the same as stopping time, he supposed, but he had never been one for semantics. He was about to ask just what she meant by 'too' when Loren whispered in his ear and he stared, wide eyed, at the summoner. "I...see."

Kaimana's question was at least one he had an answer prepared for. "It helps living people to have rituals to put their loved ones to rest. It helps them to cope with the grief. While I believe there is a correct way to do these rituals...I will let people choose, if it gives them the security of believing their dead are on a safe path." He had already thought to write out a document to keep in his room for whoever would organise his burial, giving them precise instructions. Hopefully they had the stomach to...well. Remove stomachs.

Oia took to making the sign, something that he was relieved by because he had dreaded the job. Kai seemed...upset about some mushrooms and the only reason Abasi remained civil was because these guests were Gods. "They are not sanitary. I need a clean workspace. If I am to clean my body and hair before I work, it is pointless to come to a filthy room to do it." That even the Gods in this place couldn't value hygiene was somewhat distressing.

Watching with amazement as Kai whisked mushrooms out of the door as if they were a herd of sheep, he turned his attention to the debris on the floor. Dragging it out took some effort, but he managed, secretly wondering if he looked attractive to Loren while he did the work with his muscles.

Speaking of Loren...he came to the back of the room to see that he now had a cold storage area for bodies. "Thank you. This will be most useful." He smiled at Loren then turned back into the room, looking it over. With a cleaner floor and a cleared area, a sign beginning to take form...it was starting to feel like something.

"In Egypt, when we prepare a place to house the dead, we paint on the walls the tales of the afterworld, in the hopes it might prepare them...perhaps I could get different people to paint their ideas, so that corpses of any kind of person could be prepared." Picking up a wet charcoal-based paint he'd made, Abasi placed it on the table in the middle then took a crude brush he'd created as well to begin to draw on the wall, crude art that was only there to communicate a point.

"It may be good if we could begin this now...if you have any traditions or beliefs of your own, feel free to paint them." He offered, adding in a hieroglyph prayer over his diagram of the weighing scales.

---
Please paint on the wall what you think the afterlife is like! (oh jeez.)

No Order

Messages In This Thread
Fun Home - by Abasi - 11-03-2019, 08:15 PM
RE: Fun Home - by Oia'i'o - 11-04-2019, 12:14 AM
RE: Fun Home - by Loren - 11-04-2019, 03:01 AM
RE: Fun Home - by Kaimana - 11-04-2019, 03:12 AM
RE: Fun Home - by Abasi - 11-04-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: Fun Home - by Oia'i'o - 11-04-2019, 08:52 PM
RE: Fun Home - by Loren - 11-04-2019, 09:00 PM
RE: Fun Home - by Kaimana - 11-05-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: Fun Home - by Abasi - 11-05-2019, 10:48 PM
RE: Fun Home - by Oia'i'o - 11-05-2019, 10:58 PM