Small World After All
For Roana
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Maybe. Maybe not." Roana said quietly, but there was no sound of hope in her tone. None of the missing people had shown up. No one else missing relatives or spouses had found them. As each day passed, it seemed the likelihood of seeing her husband and daughter again got slimmer and slimmer.

But the boys didn't notice their mother's moment of sadness. This new guy had candy and that made him the best, without question, undeniably. Cormac was the ringleader of the little bunch and smack Rhett's hand when he tried to steal Jax's sugar cane right out of his mouth. "No!" he huffed at Rhett. "Sowwy..." Rhett said, shoving his own piece into his mouth. Jax seemed unbothered. This wasn't a new occurrence. Roana smiled just the tiniest bit at her boys. "They self police pretty well, which does help."

But the smile was short lived, replaced with a frown as he spoke of Ashetta. It didn't take a genius to figure out that they were no longer together. The tiny vindictive part of her, that most people had if they were honest with themselves, wanted to say she had told him Ashetta was bad news. But he didn't need to hear it. She had managed to prove it to him on her own. Now he knew from experience and didn't need the added sting of smugness. "I am so sorry Alistair." she said, meaning it genuinely. She may not have liked Ashetta, but she did truly feel badly for his heartbreak.

"I will protect people, like I always have. I don't know any other way to be." she said with a shrug. She was a soldier through and through, and there were dangers they didn't understand yet in this new place. They needed people like her, willing to risk their lives but the skill to survive, if they were going to succeed here. "What about you?"
roana
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone

Messages In This Thread
Small World After All - by Alistair - 11-28-2018, 04:34 PM
RE: Small World After All - by Roana - 11-28-2018, 04:44 PM
RE: Small World After All - by Alistair - 11-28-2018, 07:24 PM
RE: Small World After All - by Roana - 11-28-2018, 07:47 PM
RE: Small World After All - by Alistair - 12-01-2018, 10:16 AM
RE: Small World After All - by Roana - 12-01-2018, 01:34 PM
RE: Small World After All - by Alistair - 12-03-2018, 06:15 AM