[Seasonal Event] we scramble for redemption
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
amun
Amun grinned at Oliver’s words, but for the moment, the potter’s attention was taken up by the lone woman in their group. For once, someone didn’t object to his nickname. People had been so judgmental about his little epithets lately, when they were meant to be harmless. ”Glad you like it, wings.” Thankfully, the Ascended was easy to please, and for now he’d decided Kiada was good people.

Even if she did go talk to tall, dark, and handsome. That was alright: Blondie joined it with a hum and Amun sent another wink Oliver’s way. The other two members of their little crew seemed a less enthusiastic about the music, but that was alright. The Ascended knew that a little levity could make even the most annoying work pass more swiftly. So he kept singing, more loudly now, as he shoveled small bits of debris out of the way.

One of those magic deer showed up, though this one was smaller than most. The potter only had a soft spot for sea creatures, so he mostly ignored it as the woman and the tall man had their conversation. However, when Deimos began pulling bones out of the ground, Amun stopped singing and planted his shovel in the ground. This shindig had suddenly turned somber, and the Ascended watched as the big man started placing the bones in a cloth. Time for a new song.

As I walked by the dockside one evening so fair
To view the salt water and take the sea air
I heard an old fisherman singing a song
Won’t you take ma away boys me time is not long

Wrap me up in me oil-skin and jumper
No more on the docks I’ll be seen
Just tell me old shipmates, I’m taking a trip mates
And I’ll see you some day in Fiddler’s Green

It was an old tale, a happy dirge, though such a thing was a contradiction, it was true in this case. It was a song about a life well lived, about a man of the sea who’d gone on to happier waters. While these bones no doubt belonged to a landlubber, it seemed appropriate. This was a funeral of sorts now.
Thrill me, chill me, fulfill me

Coding base by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Seasonal Event] we scramble for redemption - by Amun - 11-05-2019, 02:33 PM