twilight crawling through windowpanes
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
He shook his head slowly at her first guess, a thoughtful frown still marring his features as he looked down at his hand again as if trying to see the pooling of power that he had felt before. He focused intently, trying to coax the power to the surface again as they spoke. "I don't think so... or at least, it's very different than the healing power I had on Golarion. The gods there gifted magic to their followers... unlike here," he acknowledged with a sigh. "There was arcane magic, human magic, similar to the powers over elements here or lifting things with the mind or creating objects, but other types of magic... magic to heal, or to summon animals or command plants... those magics came from the gods. They required focus to use though; specific words or gestures to channel the power. Being able to do this with just a thought is... very strange to me." He looked up, giving Evie an apologetic smile for talking so freely about a topic that he knew was generally taboo within the Hollowed Grounds. "Maybe it is different for everyone, though. That makes a certain sense. What Safrin did to me, the... the feeling of her anger... I don't want to imagine anyone else enduring it," he admitted softly.

His expression grew grim and a little worried at the mention of having it taken from him, and he nodded solemnly. "I hadn't even considered that," he said quietly. "I'll have to try and practice with it. See if I can gain more control over it." There would be plenty of opportunity around the farm, at least, to heal minor scrapes and bruises on the animals - and humans - without fear of losing too much at once. Her concern touched him and he found a reassuring smile for her kindness. "I'll be careful," he promised, and meant it.

He grew silent as she answered his own question, letting her speak in her own time and not rushing her. In a way he was glad that she had been with the magic, because it meant that she hadn't undergone a god's curse as Remi and now he had. But what she described, the systematic denial of a portion of her soul by her family, was a curse all its own and his eyes softened with empathy. "Does... did Sam know?" he asked gently, hoping that the bookmaker hadn't participated in the subtle bullying, but afraid that his friend's self-centered focus might well have led to him overlooking his sister's plight.

Messages In This Thread
twilight crawling through windowpanes - by Evie - 11-04-2019, 06:12 AM
RE: twilight crawling through windowpanes - by Jigano - 11-19-2019, 03:50 AM