twilight crawling through windowpanes
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
"I'm sorry for your loss" she says softly, automatically. It's a condolence that is hammered into every Natural, too used to death and not being able to say goodbyes to those who are shepherded away to Mort far too early. It doesn't reduce her sincerity, but every time she speaks it her soul feels a little heavier. As it had when she was a child, staring at the dome and wondering if she would ever be free.

Though she's approving of his desire not to lean too heavily on his magic, even if it humbles her that he asks for her knowledge at all. "I...well I'm sure Phoebe and the College are great resources as well," she offers, unsure why he didn't think to pursue that route instead. "But I'd be happy to teach you what I know." Especially with the offer of tea and company on the table. It would go a long way to easing her loneliness.

His assurances, their gravity impressive, folds her in on herself like her strings have been cut. It's more than a relief, it's the removal of years of anxiety defending her secret from those who would hate her for the way she was born. And Sam knowing of all people would ruin her life faster than anything else could hope to. "Thank you," she says, voice raw and trembling with gratitude. But she has to shake her head at his offer, even if it's more of a tremble than a definitive shake of her head. "I don't...I'm not ready yet. But someday, someday soon. I'd like to read it." She has come so far on the path of accepting herself, but she's not ready to delve into firsthand accounts. Not yet. "It means a lot, that you won't tell. And I won't either, if that's what you'd like." He had been an Attuned for so long, perhaps he's reluctant to break that image of himself now. Evie will respect his choice if that's the case.{/b}

Messages In This Thread
twilight crawling through windowpanes - by Evie - 11-04-2019, 06:12 AM
RE: twilight crawling through windowpanes - by Evie - 11-27-2019, 03:37 AM