Random Event Through the looking glass
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 30 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
neron
Looks as though they had all just popped in to say hello. Neron watched with an arched eyebrow and a cool gaze as Adam promptly left and was replaced with a cold, formidable blonde with whom he got a feeling he would enjoy exchanging barbs. Also - wonderful - the Queen of the Hollowed Grounds herself. Locking eyes with Loren, he offered a mere shrug of his shoulders. “I owe you nothing. People change - in my case, more than expected. Some of us were able to arrive here in the company of family. Some of us were not as lucky.”

Maybe there would be time for heartfelt I missed yous on another occasion. At present, his little brother’s pompous introduction felt somewhat deflated as he promptly left as well. Blinking at what seemed like a particularly terrible false start, he reached out to shake Wessex’s hand.

“Delays and my family aside, I hope you are able to shed some further light on your purpose for being here. There has been talk of many a bounty from the Hollowed Grounds - forgive me, but my knowledge of the place suggests otherwise. And all this, in exchange for something I cannot give you.”
lay your hand on me, one last time

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
She raises a brow at Loren’s comment about a twin brother, rather non-plussed about the details of the relationship between the two men but otherwise immediately pushing it aside as the Launceleyn from the Hallowed Grounds then chooses to leave. “B-team, both of them,” she whispers to Neron with a little jerk of her head, once his twin is out of hearing range.

Introductions over and done with, Wessex makes a bit of a face. “Bounty?” she repeats. As in the fruits of their labor? They were still recovering from three hundred years in a bubble, their crops weren’t at surplus level yet - and they only had more and more mouths to feed with the Outlanders there. But then Wessex has always been a 'find a way to do it' kind of gal, rather then a 'put limitations on things' kind of person. “Publically, I’m here to find out what you, or Halo, or the Citadel needs and make this a beneficial relationship. Personally… I have a slightly more controversial agenda.” She shrugs. “They need not be mutually exclusive.”
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
In the midst of their conversation, Wessex sends a message back to her family the Hollowed Grounds, unsure exactly how long it will take to get there, but confident in her Lady’s upgrades. If her abilities reach that far, Samuel, Bastien, Rexanna, Amun, and Clemente might all hear: “The portal under the spire is open. Come see - oops, sorry Rex - what Halo is like.”
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 30 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
neron
B-Team? Neron could believe it. And he could believe, too, this brusque and confident woman’s remarks about her own homeland; given that Neron had heard the Hollowed Grounds described as barren and strange and savage, standing ready at spear point had seemed a natural precaution to take. But whilst Wessex wasn’t offering paradise and feasts, she still wasn’t the potential fight that the Hailstorm had been expecting. (What she was, exactly, was still a little beyond him, but there would be time for that later).

“A beneficial relationship seems wise. Halo is a harsh place, and I fear that any citizens crossing through from your side searching for warm welcomes and safety will be sorely disappointed. There is only one safe place in Halo, and we are some distance from it.” He smiled sharply, enjoying the word controversy and all its lovely little implications.

“I feel we have much to speak about - though these conversations might be better suited behind closed doors. How would you like to proceed? I can lead us back to the Citadel now, or would you prefer to have more of your court with you?”

Coding base by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
Privately, she thinks some of them will simply be happy for a change of scenery. Indeed, they may be sorely disappointed with Halo, but at least there is freedom of movement and it might make all the difference. The psychology of living in a cage for any period of time is unknown to Wessex, but the feeling of something new, of something else to be explored, of challenges and excitement - at least, for someone who doesn’t need to eat - is exhilarating.

“Understood.” This will be no picnic. There’s the distinct possibility that if she goes back now, she may not be able to come back as Queen, and there are things to secure, there is a certain amount of base knowledge to acquire - if only to advise the others who want to come through of necessities and niceties.

“Let’s talk now,” she replies decisively. “I’ve spent my whole life in the Grounds. No need to head back so soon.” That, and Amun’s words about appearances being important start to echo in her ears - she has no Court - nothing that could elevate her status more than being able to walk through a frozen wasteland without feeling the flaying winds and biting cold. A small gesture indicates that he is free to lead the way. She has everything she needs with her.

“I’m afraid I didn’t catch your title.” And he seems like the kind of person to whom titles might be important.
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
neron
Wessex certainly didn’t seem stupid - an advantage in Halo of all places. Neron didn’t say anything further as she confirmed she understood the dangers of the land, and that she would prefer to talk sooner rather than later; indeed, he was already turning away with the two spear men. ”You make the Hollowed Grounds sound as lacking as I have been led to believe,” he remarked smoothly, a smirk curling across his lips. “And here I was thinking of visiting.”

A few orders to the remaining soldiers, and he began to lead them through the tunnelling cave system; sheer, glittering ice that shone with the shifting of the light through the glaciers. “My title? I am Warden of the Citadel,” he explained. “A place that, with luck and skill, you will see very soon.”

~FIN

Coding base by Sky!