{SE} Purest Expression of Joy [Open]
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
try to be living as your vice
and can you be my type?
I think so. It's a relatable answer for Peter. He thinks things are better than before. He wants them to be, but he's still so uncertain, so unbalanced about his place, his relationships. if push came to shove, which it might sooner than he wanted or knew, would he be able to make the right choice? As the panther continued his thought, Peter pushed away his own worries and focused again on the other, a  matching but silent amusement radiating off of him as well. Soft is good. It means you don't need to be... it means you're safe enough to have changed. it could also be a crippling danger, but the last thing Peter wanted to do was think about it like that. Getting soft was supposed to mean safety, not danger, should be a hard earned break.

Peter doesn't move away from the head pressing against him, but he does stiffen, just a little bit, uncomfortable with the contact for maybe the first time in their conversation. Sunjata's question crashed into a block in his mind he hadn't even known was there, but now that he had, it felt impossible to ignore. I don't know. I think... I mean, I had to want it. Right? Everyone wanted, on some base level, to be loved. I know... when I was small, I was just... confused, and scared, and... there was nothing I could do. When I got older though... I guess I thought I could earn it. And I did a lot to try. There is a deep seated sense of shame that radiates off him for a moment, before it's stifled down into nothing again, a sharpness replacing it. I don't want anything from people like that anymore.

It was the most certain he'd sounded saying anything, even if he knew, deep down, it wasn't quite true. It was easy to put on a hard face, and claim independence, it was harder to turn down a return to the only thing he'd known, and earn things again.

The hyena shifts, patting at the mud with one paw and closing his eyes, a softness on his face. There were better ways to be strong he thought, but one didn't get to choose what happened to them, to the people around them. There is a stab of both amusement and jealousy that goes though him when the panther says he tried to lunge for his father. I was never brave enough to do anything like that. Peter offers softly, awe in his voice. The mention of children brings a whole different stab to his mind, discomfort and sympathy. No one ever cared about what people like them wanted though, not in situations like that.

His closeness, the strange hug was accepted, a big paw coming up to pull him closer. A contented sound leaves the hyenas muzzle, and Peter lets himself relax into the embrace. There's no words he can offer in response, at least none that feel like enough to carry the weight of his appreciation and thanks. Instead he just stays still, leaning in against the panther. This has been a strange, cathartic conversation, and he's gained a strange, strong bond that Peter would never have expected. It's nice to think about actually.
cause we need to be given a good life
and can I be your type of metal?
PETER
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
{SE} Purest Expression of Joy [Open] - by Peter - 11-08-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: {SE} Purest Expression of Joy [Open] - by Peter - 11-24-2019, 10:27 PM