{SE} Purest Expression of Joy [Open]
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
don't be scared
you're like the calmest slit to my neck
Soft is good. Peter begins, and something within Sunjata shudders at that – soft… Wasn’t him, in the end. It was the boy he had been, the one before having destroyed and broken families across Korofi. It was the boy he had been before his father had given him the family blade and told him to slay as many children as possible, boys his age, to survive and come out on top - to continue the circle, to continue the lineage, to grow old and hardened with age and power, to win. He didn’t want to be that – he wanted to be sharp, jagged, brutal in the sense that nobody would try to take advantage of him again.

Soft made him weak, and weakness let others step over you. And he didn’t want that, not in the slightest. But he nods, again, quietly, to the hyena and offers his head to bump against the striped fur of the other man. I want to be stronger, better. Too many people have stepped on me for being soft and weak. He offers in a quiet response to his bristling, an explanation. But then he asks Peter if he wanted to be loved, and that takes on an entirely different feeling, different thought process the panther must go through.

He nods in understanding regardless, that despite what happened, everyone wanted to be loved in a way – whether it was right or healthy.

He can feel the shame that radiates from Peter, and he tries to bring the hyena close in a moment of brotherly acceptance, a pulse of understanding – because he had plenty of shame within him for the things he’d done, the life he lead. He can relate, so intimately. And he offers a quiet nod back, when Peter says he wants nothing from people like that anymore. Progress, a step in the right direction, of taking the reins of your life and moving on. And he’s proud of the smaller man for that, alone.

Still, he tells Peter when he lunged for his father, the scar they had given and granted, and how Sunjata hadn’t cared if it was the wound that would have killed him – if he had died with Lusea that day, he would have been all the happier for it. But he didn’t, and he wasn’t, they had saved him in the end for the hopes of producing strong heirs. But Peter tells him that he was never brave enough to do anything like that and Sunjata’s head shakes lightly to that.

It wasn’t about being brave, or strong, or anything… It was about not caring about your life more than others. And that was his weakness, his self-sacrifice, his go to thoughts late at night when alone by himself for far too long and nothing else to keep his mind off of it. But he had grown stronger to push those thoughts away in the end, anyway. And he offers a small amount of his own shame to Peter with the realization. It wasn’t brave. I wanted someone to die that day. Whether it was him or me, I didn’t care. As long as someone’s blood stained that stupid marble flooring red alongside Lusea’s.

Turns out I didn’t get my wish in the end, anyway. A huff comes from the panther but there’s some underlying frustrations there. And instead, he focuses on Peter briefly. But you? Not being brave in that instance just means that you value your life a lot. And that’s a good thing. More people should. To be selfish to an extent was to be happy, and gods knew Sunjata could use a little bit of happiness.
bring me in closer
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Messages In This Thread
{SE} Purest Expression of Joy [Open] - by Peter - 11-08-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: {SE} Purest Expression of Joy [Open] - by Sunjata - 11-27-2019, 02:07 AM