In Dreams
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
she wants the silence but fears the solitude
she wants to be alone and together with you
She falls into silence once again, listening as each of the other three speaks, her fingers drumming unsteady rhythms over the ceramic mug clenched tight in her hands. Remi's uncertainty rings loudly through the Attuned bond, Phoebe's hesitation evident in her self-deprecation. What is so unclear to them, so hazy in their minds? Why they were chosen does not matter, nor do their thoughts on the task, as cruel as it sounds to say.

They have been given a purpose far greater than themselves. Whether they asked for it or not is irrelevant.

Except... except, in a way, it is relevant. Because of the four of them gathered here, only one has been born into this world. She alone is a Natural, bound to this place from birth through death. Turning her dark eyes to the small shrine in the window, Amalia bites her lip in thought, letting Remi's voice fall silent (a wince, a wistful half-smile at ocean) before speaking again.

"I want those things, too," the Shield admits at last, glancing back at Remi, her expression bittersweet. "I want to open all the portals. To see mountains, and ocean, and everything else. I want to escape from this cage." Pain is obvious in her voice, twenty two years of confinement rising like a tide. To be so close to freedom-!

And to know she cannot allow it, not really. Not like this. Setting her cup down Amalia sighs, her long fingers digging into the wood of the table as she leans forward, head dropped low, voice a weary whisper. "As long as the Voice continues to use the portals, the rest of the world will be in danger. The Blight- it was her. It was the Ascended. And it nearly killed the Greatwood. It nearly killed us." Dark eyes flicker up to Jigano and Phoebe, those who were infected directly. Surely they must understand.

"What happens when the Ascended spread it to the next land, and the one after that? What happens when all of Caido is withering and corrupt, just so we could taste freedom? When the Voice turns everything the Gods have made monstrous?" Dragons, turned from might to misery. Oceans black with the ink of the Blight.

Starwhales, falling from the sky.

Shaking her head, Amalia sighs. "For whatever reason, we were chosen to stop this. I'm not a fighter, and I'm not a leader, and I don't know what I can possibly do, and I... I'm scared. But I have to do this. I have to do anything I can, to make up for helping to free the Voice. Whether you will help me or not."
she ran to the lighthouse, hoped that it would help her see
she saw that the lighthouse had been washed out to sea

Messages In This Thread
In Dreams - by Jigano - 11-09-2019, 11:33 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Remi - 11-10-2019, 12:00 AM
RE: In Dreams - by Phoebe - 11-10-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Amalia - 11-11-2019, 06:51 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Jigano - 11-11-2019, 07:42 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Phoebe - 11-11-2019, 07:51 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Remi - 11-12-2019, 04:16 AM
RE: In Dreams - by Amalia - 11-12-2019, 07:08 PM
RE: In Dreams - by Jigano - 11-12-2019, 09:15 PM