[SE] Out, Damned Spot!
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87

"Yes I do, he's..." Peter went to interrupt, but fell silent as Jigano continued, something on his face growing quietly worried. It was difficult to hear criticisms of people he trusted, even if it ended on a more less good note. Well, neutral note. It was better than bad, but it did very effectively rob any further emotion from his voice as he continued what he'd been about to say. "He's my... cousin. Family." There was a very tight smile on his face as he said the words, blue eyes locked on the loreseeker so as to not miss his reaction.

The claim that anyone could be a loreseeker was met with a quiet, disbelieving hum. Everything had some kind of limit, though he didn't really want to say that in the face of Jigano's enthusiasm. "What if... someone want's to learn about everything? But... they're not really..." Peter shrugged, and tipped his head back and forth. The word coming to mind was smart, but that didn't feel quite correct. Focused was maybe a little better, though still not by much, so he ended up simply shrugging, and leaving the words as they were.

More and more, the shovel was scraping against the bare stone of the steps as they made headway against the sludge, taking back inch after inch. It was rather satisfying, actually, to see how much they cleared away. It made the work that that was left seem more manageable somehow. And it was made more manageable again by the conversation, the renewed cheer in the silver headed mans voice. "What... what happened three hundred years ago?" It seemed a very specific time, and Peter had managed to stay mostly ignorant of the history of the world, having spent most of his time around other outlanders. "Are you uh... do you plan on going... on going to Halo, then?"

A quirk spread over Peter's lips as he listened to the humming, tried to pick out anything familiar about it. Music was never something he'd had an ear for himself, but he did have a good enough memory for tunes. This was utterly alien to him, a more accurate description than he really realized. Music from another world. "I um... I don't really know about uh... about interests. I just... I wanna learn about everything. Houses, and plants, and... and stars." The list was simply the last few books he'd read in the Atheneum, things that immediately stood out. There might be something to be said about specializing, but it wasn't anything Peter wanted to say. His smile grew a little warmer as Jigano explained flora and fauna, Peter nodding to show he understood. "I didn't know there was... there was different words. For that." The talk of creatures brought something to mind though, and he was suddenly animated as he asked his next question. "Have you ever heard of a... a water lady?"

There was a huge sense of accomplishment as the stairs were finally cleared, Peter turning to look at Jigano properly, catching just the end of his chuckle. "Remi is more um... more... he's better at it than me. And Deimos..." Peter just shrugged again. He had met he other man once, and hadn't had the chance to learn about any of his magic. He was probably more advanced as well though. The other man wet quiet, seemingly concentrating very hard on the mud, reason enough for Peter to turn, amazement blooming over his face as he saw the very earth move to creating blocks against the mud. "I can't do anything like that." He mumbled, quietly amazed, and even more quietly jealous. Then, he shook his head, and turned back to loreseeker.

"No, I'm not... not from where Sunjata's from. I'm from um... Kalma, and more... more specifically from uh, Vita." The words were said with a certain amount of harshness, holdovers from an older, sharper language, one Peter had no use of here, save for maybe with Adam. He'd have to remember to ask the other man. Still, this wasn't the time to be wondering, this was a time to be doing. Peter stepped down onto the bottom step, eyes focused on the organizer, and asked: "What now?"

Peter
Perfectly able to hold my own hand,
But I still can’t kiss my own neck;

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Out, Damned Spot! - by Jigano - 11-10-2019, 01:35 AM
RE: [SE] Out, Damned Spot! - by Peter - 11-10-2019, 05:35 AM
RE: [SE] Out, Damned Spot! - by Jigano - 11-10-2019, 04:08 PM
RE: [SE] Out, Damned Spot! - by Peter - 11-12-2019, 05:24 AM
RE: [SE] Out, Damned Spot! - by Jigano - 11-12-2019, 03:51 PM
RE: [SE] Out, Damned Spot! - by Peter - 11-13-2019, 05:40 AM
RE: [SE] Out, Damned Spot! - by Jigano - 11-13-2019, 04:28 PM
RE: [SE] Out, Damned Spot! - by Peter - 11-16-2019, 09:59 AM