Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone
for Rory
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
There’s something wrong with him, she thinks, the moment she sets eyes on Rory. Wessex may not know Rory intimately, but she’s been around him enough,seen enough of his dark moods to know. The aftermath of the LongNight before this sent him into a spiral. Maybe some kernels of darkness had lodged into his soul, sunk their claws into the tender parts of him and continued to drag, drag, drag him down. LongNight is enough to wreak havoc on anyone - but for the chronically sad, it can be an utter nightmare. She’d even heard of the occasional suicide by monster, suicide after losing your whole family to monsters.  

So Wessex is surprised to see the blankness in the eyes and the listlessness in his steps. And also not surprised. Maybe her next goal will be to open a portal to a place where Rory can live without the fears and memories of LongNight. Some place he could farm again in comfort and safety.

Yes. Yes. There’s another worthy goal. Though she is dismayed at her friend’s appearance, she  doesn’t let it show (does she ever let something like that show?) Wessex smiles awkwardly and gives an even more awkward wave. She is all of a sudden full of hesitation and dread, the kind that says ‘this must be done, but you probably won’t like the outcome.’ At least she doesn’t have the physiological side effects of nervousness to deal with.

“Hey,” she says. “I’m sorry it’s been so long.”

The Wraith will take the blame for the gully between them, for the time missed, for shouldering such a debacle on her back alone. She didn’t have to do any of those things, but she did. Wessex chose decisively, the way she always does - the moment at hand weighing far more than the potential repercussions ever could.
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone - by Wessex - 11-21-2019, 04:09 PM