The Ancient Order
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
"I should start keeping more poultices on hand then," the bard mused thoughtfully, a twinkle in his eye. "Just in case!" He didn't doubt that she would poke him, too. Which... really, he probably did need, and from someone who had an uncomplicated view of him, undaunted by his title as provost and unbothered by his history in the Hollowed Grounds.

The Ascended topic was a delicate one for him. He really didn't like thinking about it, but Ingrid had more or less asked, and sharing information was part of what he did, even if it was information he wasn't personally fond of. "Yes," he said drily. "Yes it is." Though thankfully those few Ascended he counted as friends had never shown any interest in him that way. Even before the blight had twisted his patience to anger towards the Voice and those who would defend her...

Halo was news to him, and he listened avidly, giving Ingrid his full attention. "Bears I can handle," he mused thoughtfully. "I speak their language, you might say." He spoke almost everything's 'language' these days, but he thought he could probably fend off a few giant man-eating bears, so long as they didn't run in packs of a dozen. "Ice giants, though? That... explains a few things..." he trailed off in a fierce frown, his affable cheer falling away to reveal a glint of steel beneath the geeky exterior. Was that what Wessex had summoned to try and kill him and Rae's guardian? How had she known about them, though?

"I would really rather not be eaten by any Launceleyn," he agreed, the dry humor back in his voice again as he refocused on her words. "Sounds like fur will be the best approach." White fur, no less. His fox form would be perfect for blending and scouting discretely, he decided, but some other words had caught his attention, and he hummed thoughtfully. "Ice spirits, you say? I don't suppose you can tell me anything about Eirachi?" The name he'd found in a book, attached to a woman-spirit of ice and snow who had looked significantly formidable. What better place for her to be associated with, then Halo?

But then fur tampons came up in conversation and the bard was left blinking and momentarily speechless. "Ahhh... nooo, I can't say that it's... ah, ever come up before," he said delicately, but he couldn't help but think it would be the sort of thing that would have Rory howling when he mentioned it to his mate. The leatherworker did a brisk business in condoms and other such safety devices on the side, but perhaps they could try and grow some cotton this year and see what sort of profit they could make across the portal.

That damn Portal.

His head was still spinning from the previous bomb Ingrid had dropped, so when the second one landed he couldn't respond to it with nearly as much surprise. Her knowledge was going to be invaluable to the Guild as passage to and from Halo opened up, however, and her curiosity and proactive approach to finding the guild and seeking answers to her questions made for compelling points in her favor. He found himself grinning, an expression that was honest and as warm as the weather outside before he caught himself and cleared his throat, giving her his stuffiest nod. "Ah, yes. Well, there's usually forms to fill out - in triplicate, of course - and stamps to collect and three references to your good character to speak for you but given that you do hold the title of 'ice bound hoe' in Halo, I think we can waive the requirements just this once." He arched a brow at her as superciliously as he could manage - which was very - before the twitching at the corner of his mouth overcame him and he relaxed back into his previous smile. "And... truthfully I'd be glad to have you, Ingrid. We lost some good people last year, and our numbers are thin. We could use a fresh perspective, and I'd be glad to trade information on the Hollowed Grounds and Halo for as long as you'd like. I can probably even send you back with some fresh provisions if we make a quick stop on the way back to the Spire."

He rose to go to his office, returning a moment later with a collar pin; small, with an open book in copper against a silver background, and rays of gold coming from the open book. He handed it over solemnly. "You don't have to wear it," he assured her, "But it's the symbol of the Loreseekers, for as long as you're with us."

Messages In This Thread
The Ancient Order - by Ingrid - 11-16-2019, 09:41 AM
RE: The Ancient Order - by Jigano - 11-16-2019, 03:38 PM
RE: The Ancient Order - by Ingrid - 11-16-2019, 05:52 PM
RE: The Ancient Order - by Jigano - 11-16-2019, 11:56 PM
RE: The Ancient Order - by Ingrid - 11-20-2019, 07:01 AM
RE: The Ancient Order - by Jigano - 11-20-2019, 02:59 PM
RE: The Ancient Order - by Ingrid - 11-22-2019, 05:54 AM
RE: The Ancient Order - by Jigano - 11-22-2019, 05:06 PM
RE: The Ancient Order - by Ingrid - 11-23-2019, 05:32 AM
RE: The Ancient Order - by Jigano - 11-24-2019, 02:10 AM
RE: The Ancient Order - by Ingrid - 11-25-2019, 03:06 AM