walk through those flames
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
is this heartache we can fix?
in the morning when we wake?
Light and good in his life? Something worth living for? The only thing he can think of is the ocean, but even that has a pang of regret because of the hopes of bringing Lusea there – of bringing her to true water. Perhaps he can still make that a possibility, if she ever peers on him from Mort’s realm. The panther doesn’t move when the badger nuzzles him, hardly does anything other than let his whiskers flicker uncertainly.

I kissed a goddess after cheating on her. He offers offhandedly, as though it didn’t mean much because his loyalty had been tossed down the drain since the blight. He wants to say something in response to the bar, how it should have been his and Lusea’s, and to only have it be his hurts a bit more than he can say. But it does give him pause, head turning to look at the badger as he mentions the Devil’s Advocates, eyes narrowing slightly. Not exactly a thieves guild anymore. Maybe when it started but I’m not a thief. He rumbles, somewhere internally thankful for that distraction in and of itself.

A puff of air leaves him when he focuses on the badger again, a single quiet nod given to the man. He didn’t know much about Loren, but what he did know, seemed like they aligned in some ways more than others, more than what was comfortable. The suggestion, the hope that Loren sends back is met with a quiet hollow feeling on his end of the bond, before he finally decides and his ears flatten again in his uncertainty. We can try. He concedes, claws digging into the branch with the thought. What did you have in mind?
when i'm sober, would you stay?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
half across the world from me
lie the lands I’ll never see-
Loren reached up with a paw and batted gently at Sunjata’s leg. I’ve met Safrin. I doubt many can claim to have kissed her. In fact, you might be the only one. Which means that she, at least, thought you were something special. That thought came out without a shred of doubt in it.

Wriggling, the honey badger tried to press closer to the panther. Hey, it's your guild. Why are you asking me? The summoner probably shouldn't be teasing, but there was a gentle affection underneath it. However, he stilled. It's not a thieves' guild, you said? So what are your members skilled at? What role is not currently being fulfilled?

The Launceleyn's mind grew a bit distant as he considered the other organizations in the Hollowed Grounds. We have the Monster Hunters Guild for killing, the Medical College for healing, the Loreseekers for knowledge, the Artisans for making things, and the Artists for beauty. He paused for a moment. But there's a new land now, one that we need to supply goods to in order to traverse it. So we need merchants and traders to export everything we make here, and make sure we have enough to sustain both our lands. He turned a thoughtful eye to the other man. Do you think that's something your people can handle? Is that something you want to handle?
where I travel goes my heart
with me wanders my desire
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Somehow, the ice and the mask that Sunjata has placed so carefully over his face, his body, his mind, chips away with Loren’s words of Safrin. His head tilts slightly as he considers it. He doesn’t know what the goddess could’ve seen in him other than the fact that she could turn him attuned and hope that he would follow her after that. So he lets that idea drop as well, biting down internally on his mind, on the words that wish to pass across.

Sunjata shifts enough to make more room for the badger, feeling the teasing lilt to the tone of his voice as it reaches him. Information, mostly. And he says he thinks, because even at this point he’s not entirely sure. I want to find more portals, I want the ocean, I want… To forget about this place for a bit. That’s his true wish right now, to avoid the places where memories remained.

Still, the panther stays quiet while Loren speaks, announcing all the different guilds. The thought of Halo has his insides twisting a bit more, did he want to go to Halo and export, deal with all of that? The thought of stumbling across Lusea’s frozen head crosses his mind, and he accidentally sends a pulse of fear so deep rooted to Loren that he shies away from the badger. I’ll think about it. We’re… well, the members... He pauses as his mind catches up, and his gaze narrows on Loren slightly. How did you find out about us, anyway?
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Loren let out a little whine and his concern washed out of him in a wave. Okay. I don’t know about portals, or the ocean, but we can find ways to help you forget, find things to distract you. Stretching his neck, he nuzzled against the panther’s cheek again. Want to teach me to swim?

As the fear spilled out of the other man and Sunjata moved away, the honey badger immediately pressed forward, not letting the other man retreat. Hey it's okay. You're safe. What's wrong? The thought was underscored with a soothing pulse. Then, though, a bit of amusement bubbled up in the Launceleyn. Just because your members have loose lips doesn't mean I do. The amusement faded away as a more serious mood stole over Loren. Why do you keep yourself secret?
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Loren’s whine at first is met with a flickering ear toward him, but the man listens as the summoner speaks of finding ways to distract him, despite not knowing the portals. He feels the badger nuzzle the fur along his neck, the question enough to distract him a decent amount as he considers it — still finding it ridiculous that people from Northaven hadn’t ever learned how to swim. A small nod is given to Loren, a pulse of hidden gratitude. Yes. Everyone needs to know how to swim. He rumbles back, a light hint of that taunting he always had shifted back to Loren despite it’s hollowness.

But the pulse of fear has him rooted and he tries to shy away from the badger. Loren won’t let him, instead they man pushes in and presses against him to a huff from the panther, ears flattening. It’s nothing. He offers unhelpfully, knowing his fear is ridiculous but he still can’t manage to block the image from his mind.

His comment and amusement however give Sunjata a bit more pause, grounding and rooting himself as he turns his head into the badger with another huff of a sigh. When Lucas started it, it was about chaos and getting away with anything. We initially worked with Zariah, did what we wanted while she looked the other way. It’s how I met Edrei, she was a part of it too. A quiet rumble of thought passing through the bond. It’s better for people to not know who we are, to point fingers. He hopes that answer satisfies him enough.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren sent back amusement. I don’t know about that. I’ve never needed to swim before, and I got myself some water magic now, so I can probably get by on that. However, he nudged Sunjata good-naturedly. However, if you insist, I guess I’ll just have to take lessons from you.

Settling in pressed to the panther’s side, the honey badger reached up with one paw and gently stroked the other man’s fur. It’s not nothing. The summoner continued to try and project comfort and calm. Well. As a former spy myself, I know how useful they can be. If you're willing to do some work with me, and willing to go to Halo, I recently discovered that the ruler was lying to me or mistaken about their only export. So I want to know why, and what else he might be hiding. Loren gave Sunjata a considering look, which was apparent even though he was currently a honey badger. Think you're up to it?
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
At first, Loren’s gentle banter, playful amusement is enough to quell the frustration and sorrow within him. And he contemplates the honey badger’s answer as he nudges him, puffing out a sigh of air, a distinct roll of his eye before a feline smirk is sent back to Loren. Magic can only get you so far, Loren. He teases back, easily, though it still hints at falling flat. But I’ll remember that in the event that you need me to come save you. There’s a split second where a purr leaves him briefly in response of the amusement of the conversation.

Until it dies of course, and Loren picks up on it – telling him it’s not nothing, and he freezes slightly despite the comfort and calm that Loren offers. His voice is far more accented now, deeper and gravely as he explains the irrational fear, keeping the pulses of uncertainty, anxiety, to as much of a minimum as he can. I’ll need to have a meeting with the advocates to get an idea of where people are right now, but I’ll let you know. It’s probably best if I don’t go to Halo. A brief sigh, steel eyes flickering over the badger before he lifts his arm to pull the badger into his side the best he can despite the branch they sit upon.

I hate the snow, for one. And two… Lusea died there. I don’t… It’s irrational I know, but I don’t want to… He trails off, ears pinning back. I don’t want to accidentally find any of her remains there if there are any left. I can’t do that. If people thought he was a mess now, just wait for the version of him when he has to see her headless form left alone in the snow.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren let out a bit of a challenging snarl. You wanna test that theory? Then he let the competitiveness dissipate. Well. Regardless of who saves who, I’m looking forward to it. Still pressed against Sunjata, the honey badger rumbled deep in his chest, the most comforting sound he could make.

As the panther continued, however, the summoner sent a pulse of understanding and comfort to the other man. Alright. Whatever you can do, I'd appreciate it. The Launceleyn placed his paw over the other man's. And I'll...I'll keep an eye out, if you'd like. Give her a proper funeral. Although Loren was silent for a while, he tried to send warmth and affection. You don't have to go through this alone.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Loren’s challenging snarl is met by a deep growl of Sunjata – surprisingly good natured in response. You can’t rely on magic alone. A truthful answer – probably the only good thing his father had taught him. To never rely too heavily on one thing in case it’s taken, removed, never leave yourself vulnerable in that way. It’s why he’d become adept with guns, adept with his fists, to have a variety. You say that now. He replies, a feline smile breaking through the fear.

But as he explains his fears, his worries of going to Caido and finding the remains of Lusea, the understanding and comfort Loren sends back feels foreign. Nobody had done it before when she died the first time. It had been a ‘well, now you can move on’ kind of conversation. Never an ‘I’m sorry for your loss, I’m here to help’, and he didn’t know how to respond. Instead, he tries to send it across in the bond, a thankfulness he felt deeply for what he offers. I would like that. A place to visit, to remember her at the very least.

He still even had the lantern he had made for her with Phoebe last Festival of Lights. Strange to think that he might have to adjust it, to make it a bit more accurate for the most recent incarnation of her. But the affection from the badger feels foreign, and he keeps the badger surprisingly close despite the whirlwind he feels within. I haven’t been… Alone, per say. Coping the same I did before. He rumbles over, steel eyes shifting toward Loren. Still is lonely though. Because no matter how many nights he spent with different people, he always found himself on his own in the end with a bottle in his hand – panther form in the dead of night.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
Sending a pulse of amusement and agreement the other man’s way, the honey badger scratched at its front  leg with one of its hind ones. I know. Unlike most mages, I know how to throw a punch. A sliver of joy bubbled up from deep within. And now I have more tricks up my sleeve than I did before. He got up and did a little spin to show off what he meant before settling back against Sunjata. I’ll say it then, too. Loren’s thought was certain.

The summoner let his understanding, comfort, warmth, companionship wash through the link they shared. Were there customs, in Korofi? Or is there something you think she’d like? He stilled as he waited for the panther’s response.

Then a dull ache spread through the Launceleyn, like a wound that had healed over but still echoed with phantom pain. Sometimes we can be alone even when we’re with other people. Letting out a soft growl, he banished the thought from his mind. Take the time you need, to cope. And space. Pausing, he lifted his head to nuzzle once more against Sunjata’s cheek. But if you would rather just like some company, or a place to stay for a while, let me know. My door is always open. The panther wouldn’t be the first stray Loren had collected.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
More amusement is shared across the bond at Loren’s response. Throwing a punch won’t help you not drown. He retorts, flatly, some teasing hidden beneath it. But he still watches while the badger slips away from him to spin in a circle to show off, and Sunjata aims a feline puff of a sigh over the badger’s ivory and ebony fur. Fair enough. He agrees at the end.

As for customs in Korofi? There had been many. I don’t know which she’d prefer. There were the versions for the nobles, and versions for the poor. He says thoughtfully. I don’t exactly know what they did in the slums for the fallen, it was different from the rebels. And if I were to do something like a noble one she might haunt me. Somehow the thought sparks a bit more of that amusement, the panther calming beneath the tides of comfort from Loren.

He’s surprised, however, when he receives a very similar dull ache that Sunjata can understand quite well, and he reaches for the badger to press in close. It’s unfortunate how true that is. But at least you can forget for a bit. And that’s what he hoped to do – forget for a few moments of ecstasy in the end. And it had worked so far. At Loren’s offer of a place to stay, he nods and bumps his head against the badger again. I’ll keep it in mind. I’ve been staying where the bar is. It’s been fine enough. Of course, except for the memories of Lusea wherever he looked.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
Depends who I’m punching. Loren snuffed in amusement. It was good that Sunjata was coming back from the dark place where the panther had found himself, and the summoner did his best to radiate the mental equivalent of light, making his mind welcoming and inviting. Do what feels right. Combine the best aspects of all of them. I can help, and I know others can as well. His shoulder bumped against the panther’s leg.

For a while, the honey badger was silent. Then he shook his whole body. For a bit. But not forever. As the other man’s head bump against the Launceleyn’s he let out a rumble, but the affectionate feeling in Loren’s mind communicated that it was welcome. Well. The Manor has empty beds, and a cellar full of alcohol. Whatever you need, though.
LOREN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Perhaps we can test that theory. He rumbles back, accent thick but lighter than it had been before, far less gravely and rough. It smooths out under the gentle teasing, the goading that Loren gives him. But the mention of what kind of funeral to hold, what kind of traditions have his mind working. And he offers the badger a nod of agreement. I will. I’ll let you know what the plans are. He says quietly, thoughtful but still with that hidden pang of sorrow.

Loren’s silence is met with Sunjata’s own silence, and he only looks over at the man when he shakes his entire body. Sometimes a bit is more helpful than nothing. For him it had worked so far, distractions from the emptiness yawning within. And he bumps his head against the badgers with a slight purr erupting from his throat at Loren’s offer. Thank you. He replies, but the feeling of thankfulness is sent over the bond to the other man. Alcohol has mostly been the go to, I know it’s surprising.
SUNJATA
the Firebrand

Change author:
The honey badger snarled, though his mind indicated that he was entirely kidding. Happy to. Then he settled down, nudging Sunjata with a shoulder. Loren continued to project reassurance and comfort, though he remained silent as the panther thought about plans for Lusea's funeral.

The summoner stayed quiet for a while longer. Sometimes. There was a reluctant acceptance in his mind. But not always. However he shook his whole body after the other man bumped the Launceleyn's head. You're welcome. And no, it's not surprising at all. The amusement crept back into Loren's words and mind. I don't know that I've had an interaction with you that didn't involve drinking yet. However, there was an affectionate edge to the teasing.

Standing up, the honey badger backed up a bit. I should probably get home. Are you going to be okay out here? And I hope you'll consider the offer. Assuming Sunjata didn't need Loren, he'd nuzzle the other man's head again. Then the summoner would make the trek home.
LOREN