Burn your biographies, rewrite your history
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
One day, he’ll feel all those things again. All he has to do is wait and work hard at it, because the Voice always rewards hard work. She loves her children and wants them to be strong, and Wessex is so sure that she’ll adore Clem once they meet - if they haven’t already. The ex-Queen’s thoughts had often turned to the boy post-LongNight, quite sure that Bastien and Rex were taking good care of him but not wanting to overstep any adoptive parent boundaries they might have in place. She knows full well that she’ll never have kids - has never wanted kids - but there’s a reason she’s taken to Melita and Clem, a reason she’ll swallow her annoyances with Oliver and train him, a reason she still fucking puts up with Amalia - and it’s because there’s still some sort of maternal instinct left in her.

A sense of protecting and ushering in a new generation, even if they aren’t all on her ‘side.’ And if she’s truly being honest with herself, it doesn’t stop with the youngsters; that protective element extends to all the Ascended. Her family.

So it’s an understatement when I say she didn’t mean to startle Clem. The first thing she hears when she materializes again is a half-human, half-animal sound, causing her to reflexively unleash her talons in return. But nothing comes flying at her, and she recognizes the boy probably around the same time he recognizes her. The shiny lengths of metal retract in to her knuckles as Wessex grins in relief at an enthusiastic greeting instead of a hostile one. “Hey Clem,” Taking a quick look at the dark environment, she can see that he’s alone. “Thanks. It’s new. Whatcha doin’?”

Something seems to hit him and she doesn’t know what it is - an emotion, clearly, but what prompts it is unknown. Is she ok? Of course she’s ok, she’s The Wraith. “What do you mean?” Is she leaking shiny fluid from somewhere she can’t see?
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burn your biographies, rewrite your history - by Wessex - 12-04-2019, 09:44 PM