Burn your biographies, rewrite your history
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
“Yep. Practice makes perfect.” A brief pause as she considers the teleportation. “And this one is fun. I like trying to see how accurate I can be.” It’s useful and practical. How else will she know where to land if she doesn’t practice? There’s no point in teleporting somewhere if she can’t put herself somewhere safe, especially if she needs to be somewhere specific.

Secret places, eh? He’s managed to stumble on to the right person on the right night. Timing is everything.

“Take my hand,” she says after he finishes asking about her, impulsively thrusting a hand towards the kid, never thinking that he won’t grab it. And if he does, she closes her eyes and ‘sees’ where she wants to go: an attic, not so easily accessible unless you know the secret door in one of the overgrown houses, which she’ll show him on the way out. But for now, it’s an attic with half a roof, covered in moss and holes where the floor has rotted away. A dangerous place to play, perhaps, but perfect if he ever wants to look at the stars and enjoy a little peace and quiet. Or some privacy, as young men often need. Wink wink.

“How’s this for secret?” Wessex drops his hand and spreads her arms wide. It isn’t grand, or anything, but it’s a place she’s fond of and is happy to share with the next generation. Few know about it, and of those who do, wonders if they’d ever remember.

Taking a seat on the floor, Wessex leans against a wall and goes back to the question Clem asked. He can sit with her or stand, it doesn’t matter. But it is time to have an adult conversation with him and bring him in to the fold, so to say. “I’m mostly ok with it. Ninety percent or so. I really did want to help my people, and in some ways I succeeded. Failed in others. But what’s more important is that I’ve traded it in for something better. Before I tell you what that is, tell me what you saw at the meeting while I was gone.” He had been tasked with being her eyes and ears during LongNight and that assignment wasn’t over. The Wraith didn’t need to be in that room to get information, she got a lot of it from just reading the results. However, she is very curious as to what she’s missed and what kind of observation skills the kid has.
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burn your biographies, rewrite your history - by Wessex - 12-12-2019, 07:51 PM