Burn your biographies, rewrite your history
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
A small thrill runs through her when Clem says he loves the place; the boy steps into the role of faux-child and her into the role of faux-aunt more easily than she could have ever dreamed of with real children - which, let’s be real, we all know Wessex isn’t suited for. But the cool older Aunt / matriarch? That she is suited for.

She listens attentively, hands idly running along the edges of her leather pieces, sometimes looking at Clem, but never interrupting. She’d prefer to hear it all first and then maybe ask questions. Some parts surprise her - like the fact that Rex was the one who suggested the council. Wessex thought she might have said something to garner so much support in the votes, and some of it feels like an immediate betrayal. The rest of her knows that the woman has enough diplomatic experience to be able to read a situation and try to get the best out of it. Maybe that meant getting her out of office without a violent coup. Maybe that meant putting another Ascended in charge… it’ll be something to think about.

Eyebrows raise at Loren’s report, not knowing that Zariah had come through the portal while she’d been in Halo. She isn’t surprised he spoke out about her, they’d never seen things the same way. But to blame her while he was half the militia? Well that was simply avoiding responsibility. Good for Phoebe, at least. She was right, having Launceleyns in power in both places would not be good. And the rest of the Grounds seemed to agree. Was he the only one to vote for himself? Oh, what a selfish, pompous prick…

Oliver can fuck off. She’s never liked the weakling. The irony, of course, is that if they’d kept her, they’d have a council already. But here they are, a season already almost gone and nothing to show for it. Which may be why councils don’t work, but, ahhh… not her concern anymore.

As for the redheaded girl. She frowns a bit, trying to figure out who that might be. “The redheaded girl - did she have wavy or straight hair?” Recent experience tells her that it probably isn’t Melita, who still burns with anger for imagined or actual slights. “The white haired man, Jigano - he tried to kill me, too, which is what he conveniently forgets to say every time he calls me a murderer. Watch out for him. He can be a white fox or a white raven or a silver dragon. And I have no doubt that he would try to kill one of us again and call it duty to the Old Gods.” She shakes her head, dismissing thoughts of the bard.

“Ya did good, Clem. Thanks.” She has much to think about, to keep in her mind for future interactions. Leaning forward, leaning towards him, she quiets her voice (though by now, with timey wimey’s, it’s no secret what she’s become). “Now, for that something better…” Wessex’s eyes grow bright, illuminate, and she might almost glow with the happiness and pride exuding from her normally stoic and stressed person. “At the portal, after I opened it, The Voice came to me. She said she’d made me a light to show the way, lift me up and make me brighter. And then, she made me a demi-god, infused me with power and gave me a new purpose. So you see… my work has narrowed. Though I do care for my people, I am no longer obligated to work in their best interest, and they’ve shown that they don’t want me to. I am for the Voice and the Voice alone. For Us.”

She sighs, ever so softly. “And sometimes that means taking all the anger and blame so that the others can live their lives. Rex was at the Mathair too, but no one really thinks of this anymore and I don’t want them to. We need her to keep her power and work for us in the government, whenever it forms. And I don’t want anyone hating Amun, Sam, Bastien, or you.

She gives him a measured look. Does he understand?
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burn your biographies, rewrite your history - by Wessex - 12-31-2019, 08:20 PM