some lives read like poetry, others like cacophany
for Melita
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
Well that’s why they’re at opposite ends of the earth, because they are opposite people. Not that Wessex hasn’t sought to defend and help, but that unlimited goodwill has always been reserved for a select few; her family - both biological and adopted, and her friends, those that she can count on a single hand. Which makes Wessex’s morality operate on more of a case-by-case basis, judging what some people deserve and what others don’t. For example, she’s torn apart by the blight affecting Melita, but could care less that it affected Jigano. She is not a one size fits all kind of person, because she’s learned that the world rarely operates in that kind of fairness.

Maybe it’s a lesson Melita will have to learn. Or maybe she won’t, and she can cling to her superior morals for the rest of her days. Which is funny, because Wessex is quite sure there are other people in the girls’ life who have killed and done shitty things, but she doesn’t see them catching any flak. But like she said - the world isn’t fair.

She nods, a pale face in the darkness. “Is that why you ran from me, when we were in the Spire?” Is it something she’s beating herself up for? Or rather, beating Wessex up for? “No one is mad at you for that. For anything anyone did while blighted.”

Her gaze shifts to the little gourd and his nudging, tempted to tell her to just go and forget about Wessex, that she’s free from any and all perceived obligations to the older woman. Go and live in fear or hatred or whatever she feels towards the demi-god. She doesn’t, though. Because that’s giving up. “That’s one of the things I would do differently. The blight. I would ask more questions. Listen. Push back.”
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
RE: some lives read like poetry, others like cacophany - by Wessex - 01-06-2020, 02:36 AM