Oh, the weather outside is frightful
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415

loren
Giving the mental equivalent of a sigh, Loren found his steps coming down a bit heavier than was strictly necessary. Apparently, because no one asked or expected it of me, I shouldn’t help . The annoyance was clear, so the summoner forced calm and serenity on himself. Luckily, he had quite a bit of experience with banishing dark thoughts at this point.

Jigano’s ordeal sounded awful. I’m sorry to hear that. The summoner had assumed something like that had happened, given the bard’s newly acquired magic, but he sent along understanding anyway. I haven’t found that balance yet either. But while I’m happy to help, I think it’s probably time for a break. I suppose that counts. He was tired, and losing his will to keep putting himself out there.

He fell silent again, for a long time. When he finally spoke, his mind echoed with half-healed grief. I miss her too. And underneath that grief was a great deal of guilt. Hopefully that would answer the question he felt emanating from the dragon.

The Launceleyn was quiet as he listened to Jigano’s reiteration of the goals of the Loreseekers. You should talk to Oia’i’o and Kaimana, the children of Rae, and Delphia, daughter of Mort, if you haven’t already. They’ve told me a great deal about Caido, more than I recount in one sitting. At the other man’s offer to help with the school, Loren responded with a feeling of pleasant surprise. Well, I need teachers and students both. Then a great deal of uncertainty flowed through their link. I was thinking of inviting the Fae, to both teach and learn, but I don’t have the best track record with them, and I’m not sure where things stand with them.

The rumble was surprising, and the summoner let out a snarl before he could stop himself, the sound instinctual. He sent a pulse of apology towards Jigano. Then the Launceleyn hesitated before responding. Oia’i’o. And...Safrin. Assuming timelines. However, he quickly added, I’m curious to hear more about this spirit. Luckily, Loren’s curiosity was genuine enough to cover up his worry that the white-haired man might react poorly to the mention of the goddess.
Never judge a book by its cover.

Messages In This Thread
Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Jigano - 12-01-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Loren - 12-04-2019, 03:22 AM