Oh, the weather outside is frightful
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Given their positions it wasn't easy to see the dragon nod, but a flicker of agreement came back through the bond. I wonder it often, he admitted soberly. Believe it or not, when I first arrived I was just as curious about the Voice as I was about the old gods. My bias against her is built on personal experience. Particularly surrounding the blight, he added, grim. But having seen the old gods and their loathing of her, I can just as easily believe that they struck first, in an attempt to humble a potential rival, as to believe that she did, ambitious for even greater power and intending to take it from those who held it. It's something that every Loreseeker should be on the lookout for, though in the end we may have to piece together multiple accounts to try and find the truth of it. In the end, it currently mattered less about who started it, than what all the gods intended to do about each other now that that Voice was free again... and killing people to get her portals back up and running.

Mmm. The class might be better aimed at the younger ones in the settlement, Jigano agreed thoughtfully. The adults tend to be more embarrassed about it, so privacy and discretion suits them better. The school and the guild can certainly work hand in hand that way, though, to try and reach all of those who want to learn. That, or any other lesson or skill you find teachers for, he added with a warm pulse of approval for Loren's enterprise.

There was little that he could say to the dark turn of Loren's thoughts, other than to slow his pace a little and let the mage - and schoolmaster? - know that he had the dragon's support. He couldn't change the other man's past, but hopefully he would be allowed to help in building a brighter future for his new guildmate.

He had come from a different world - both physically and emotionally, in many ways. He had no siblings or extended family, but he'd grown up with loving parents, even if his father and he had often clashed in his teenage years. That foundation was likely why he had survived the crucible that had come later - thankfully not until after he was an adult. I'm a few years older than you, as well, he chuckled back, pleased by how impressed Loren sounded. You'll collect a few more in the next five or six years, too. But the paper-folding is an art from my parents' homeland, called 'origami.' My mother used it as a meditation exercise to focus her divine magic, and when I was born the same as she, well, I learned at her knee from the time my attention span was long enough to see a piece through, and my fingers deft enough to manage it without crinkling the paper, he added, amused at the memories of his earliest attempts to copy his mother's art.

Messages In This Thread
Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Jigano - 12-01-2019, 10:57 PM
RE: Oh, the weather outside is frightful - by Jigano - 12-10-2019, 06:24 PM